Blaster Webley no 1 mark 1 replica project

Viper

Active Hunter
So I am looking to get started on a project to get a replica No 1 Mk 1 kit created, piece by piece, from an original 1915 Webley.
The one thing I am bummed about is that the stamping on the barrel portion of my Webley is a tad light (a common problem I hear)
I have a low serial numbered Webley (in the 400's) and the stamping other than the top of the main barrel area is crystal clear.
My brother has worked in metal fabrication, welding, machining, etc. for several years and is going to be assisting in working on this project with me.
The total number of separate parts comes in at right around 30 individual pieces (depending on if you count the 2 sling mounts, pins,and rings or not)
We are going to try and get each part replicated identically so you can get a kit that you can build from the ground up, both in metal and most likely 3D printing.
I am super excited!

A quick look at the components...
IMG_1541.JPG

I'm looking at printing rather than cnc because it'll be cheaper and easier. We have a lot of work to do before we start looking at doing a run, but it's a definite possibility

Sent from my HTC One_M8

I can recommend a printer if you need one. I have an industry buddy in CA who does all my stuff. He can print in PLA and SLA and the quality is second to none.

Sent from my iPhone

Currently in the process of cleaning/stripping the parts before recording dimensions. Will post updated pictures hopefully later this week or next week as it's spring break.

Sent from Cell Block 1138

So we have talked to several people/companies regarding getting the parts 3D scanned and have come up against a wall (mainly due to the $$$)
One place wanted about 30K to do it :eek: the other wanted about $400 per part (~30 parts so 12K or so)

Working on sourcing all the bolts/screws currently.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back