weathering

Fetterling

Jr Hunter
If you at doing an RotJ, try this: take your spats, put them on a wooden floor (the side you want weathered on the floor). Stand on them. Shimmy around. You're dusting your floor as you're weathering your spats at the same time. Worked out nice for mine. Try it. Mine turned out pretty cool.Just tossing out an idea.

The best weathering technique I have ever found is misting with paints. It allows a lot of very intentional application and is very lasting.

Are you using acrylic mixed with water in a spray bottle? I have had that technique recommended. Hesitant to try it cuz I've never weathered soft parts before and I'm scared I'll mess up something costly. I'm waiting on a flak jacket I ordered from Batninja and I'm scared ****less about the weathering it. Why is Boba's spats are the cleanest on his uniform? Are they the only thing on his person he washes? lol, .Also thinking about shoe polish which I hear works well. May I add you as a friend?

I don't mix I literally just use spray paints and mist them on the fabric. Keep the nozzle well away from it and then move closer until you see the results you want. I use a mix of colors to get the results I want. If you are worried about the learning curve just start on some scrap fabric or an old pair of khakis or something. You can see how the results are before jumping in on the real thing.

Here is a pic of my flightsuit as I was doing this technique.

i0h87b.jpg

855kKO.jpg

As you can see I just threw it over the chain link fence and misted the paint on using the breeze. I tried to make the parts that would be dirtier.........well dirtier by giving it more and then tapering off the farther away I got.

Here is how it looks once I got done...........this side shot shows the leg and cape weathering along with the arms...

1YZLLp.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and sure you can add me.....

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back