Weathering and upscaling for a mad project

ArchiveX

New Hunter
A couple of years ago I came with an idea for something odd, and with the recent release of the vintage hues from Archive-X I wanted to get in deeper with Fett.... This year I started working backwards in trying to work out how Joe weathered the original helmet, works only just begun.

Ive had to quickly do some tests on the cheek to work out for to scale it up for the Mad project but am learning each day and working towards a style to add to the helmet that both adds age and wear just like the original...hopefully I can pull it off !!

This is just a quick mock up not a bespoke paint up. its for testing ideas in real time so to speak, best to make mistakes on scrap than a hero

Trying to work out how they got the Green to look Green and Grey! I believe that the stains are the key as well as the SP Lark Dark misting, long long way to go yet and will take some refining

31482830_10155256827771603_3228205530623422241_n.jpg

IMG_0367 copy.jpeg

A little update on this, This is the V2, slightly altered shape and Frame under construction in Mahogany to be painted , there needs to be a few more paint masters done before I decide how I want to paint it but the results are looking rather unique and bonkers so far. There will be around 5 of these being made to sell in the first run next year

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 245
A little update on this, This is the V2, slightly altered shape and Frame under construction in Mahogany to be painted , there needs to be a few more paint masters done before I decide how I want to paint it but the results are looking rather unique and bonkers so far. There will be around 5 of these being made to sell in the first run next year
I want one!!! Outstanding

Veery kind words, thank you. I want it to be a very unique piece and something a true Fett Fan can just look at on the wall and know they having something quite special. The hard part is deciding how best it looks as art, its not a replica it is art so tweaks and taste are very difficult to decide on as the helmet is so Iconic in style. I hope to have the final paint master in January ready for orders.

Keep an eye out next year as there will be different versions available and different pricing when final pricing is decided. There will only be 10 straight up Fett style made, Ive a commission to do a Slave 1 style cheek and Mandalorian Metal one, which we may offer also. If I sell enough of the Fett ones I will offer the other cheek to make it an insane pair :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back