Visor suppliers in the UK???

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone knew of suppliers of face shields in the UK, that are suitable for visors?

cheers

jon

Tricky T visors.com is the first thought as most will tell you, but I got mine off E-bay it was full face visor replacement for a welding mask, it was shade 5 green, it really looks the part, its thick, strong and the correct color from what I understand. the only issue I have is it curves inward towards the chin, after all the cutting to get it to fit I just managed to get away with chopping 99.9% of the curve off..

Not sure I can post link for e-bay but look up full face mask, shade 5, full visor etc.

A lot of searches can come up with just the little replacement glass for the eyes only..
Hope that helps

I just made my own.. 3mm of tint perplex A4 from eBay £3.50. Then laser cut from a paper template and stuck in the oven (150C) for 5 mins and put it straight into the helmet (fibreglass on the inside) and bob's your uncle!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry.. £3.15 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161809391815

I would think the rfbr's suggestion would be closer to the originals than the tvisors route and also allow for a closer interior shape than the t visor offerings I've seen.

FWIW. While the 501st CRL states that the visor needs to be a "dark color" I believe the consensus is that it's supposed to be smoke grey instead of green.

I think this was confirmed when various parties gained access to original helmets for licenced replicas. The ESB is confirmed as having grey following that I thought.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back