Custom Mandalorian Variant Play Arts Kai Boba Fett

cannibal869

New Hunter
Hi all,
I dunno if any of you have seen this yet - technically I suppose this is actually a figurine, but I'm actually kinda diggin' the Mando armor "variant"
(not so sure about the artist's other re-imaginings of SW figures though - you can see some of the other characters here: http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=star+wars+variant&submit=Search&pagemax=40 )

FIG-KAI-9163_09.jpgFIG-KAI-9163_01.jpgFIG-KAI-9163_04.jpgFIG-KAI-9163_05.jpgFIG-KAI-9163_06.jpgFIG-KAI-9163_07.jpg

I know it's not technically canon per se, but what are your thoughts? Good? Bad? Sacrilege?
I wonder if anyone would try actually making this for cosplay?

the chances of this product becoming a reality are much higher than the release of Star Wars: 1313, and there are several members here dedicated to creating that costume. if this look can be translated into a full sized person, it will be done.

if i can bribe my vod into doing the render between games deisgns hes offered to possibly doing the helmet in 3ds max.... so i will deff be looking to make one of these. he looks epic really like the new take.

Holy Necro-post!!!

anyway, managed to get the bucket 3D printed by an awesome dude over at the RPF....

F60DD74C-B1ED-4E5D-9E03-F2F675B4F8B1_zpsevkarvy6.jpg

Am in the process of putting it together... it's printed using PLA (which I'm learning more about as things go along).
I'm Using small pieces of filament as bridging and aligning "rods" for the pieces like this:
084A9089-DB80-477C-BD74-510D98597EDC_zpswc8kjqry.jpg
I'm using gorilla super glue as the initial bonding agent, then following that with some chemical bonding using Weld-On 4.
Afterwards, I've been trying to use friction welding at the seams (particularly on the inside of the helmet).
So far, the results are pretty decent (I think).... will post some more pics later if you guys are interested.

here's the 3D render that the printing is based off of:
60E64D45-A2C1-4BB5-924F-3B5906D0B5EE_zpsavtmp2pd.jpg

Happy Memorial Day weekend!
-C

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back