Unfated (Jason's) HIC build

Unfated

New Hunter
Han: VaderCoke since KingJawa is no longer making them.

Side Panels: I'm 3D printing these using files from thingiverse.com produced by board member Flimsy.
These are great files! Volvo carbonate panel by crissy

Greeblies: I'll be 3D printing these as well. Also files from Flimsy.

Electronics: I ordered from Jon at Home - Fettronics Star Wars Boba Fett Mando Mandolorian Costume Custom Light Boards.

Box: Not sure yet. I'll most likely be making this myself. I wanted to grab a Zenix box, but my 3D panels won't
line up with his box cut outs.

Here is VaderCoke's resin Han. I'm pretty happy with it.

IMG_1730.jpeg

They are not quite as nice as I'd like, but they will work. They cost me about a quarter of what a cast set would have cost.
I ended up buying the aluminum u-clips from Zenix and I'm happy I did. I'm still having trouble getting the box CNC routed, so
next I'll be working on my Han cast. He needs some clean up and filling.

IMG_1781.jpeg
IMG_1782.jpeg

Side Panels: I'm 3D printing these using files from thingiverse.com produced by board member Flimsy.

Electronics: I ordered from Jon at Home - Fettronics Star Wars Boba Fett Mando Mandolorian Costume Custom Light Boards.

Box: Not sure yet. I'll most likely be making this myself. I wanted to grab a Zenix box, but my 3D panels won't

Here is VaderCoke's resin Han. I'm pretty happy with it.

View attachment 172158

Last edited:
Did you have to do alot of repair on your vadercoke fiberglass parts ? I ordered mine they were green when i pulled them out of the box so i layed them out so they would cure flat while i made the box . So two months later i went to start on putting him on the box and this is what the parts look like as of right now , parts are full of air pockets and and face and hands are releasing from the part . I'm glad i waited for these to cure i would be pissed after getting him painted and two months later this happens . Just a warning .

Attachments

• IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 440
  • IMG_1596.JPG
    IMG_1596.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 443
  • IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 402
  • IMG_1595.JPG
    IMG_1595.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 437
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    897.3 KB · Views: 508
Did you have to do alot of repair on your vadercoke fiberglass parts ? I ordered mine they were green when i pulled them out of the box so i layed them out so they would cure flat while i made the box . So two months later i went to start on putting him on the box and this is what the parts look like as of right now , parts are full of air pockets and and face and hands are releasing from the part . I'm glad i waited for these to cure i would be pissed after getting him painted and two months later this happens . Just a warning .

Mine had a few chips around the edges and a couple of easily filled bubbles, but nothing like any of that.

Mine had a few chips around the edges and a couple of easily filled bubbles, but nothing like any of that.
Yeah when i tried to correspond with him about it he felt the need to insult me and say this repair was laughable and said he did'nt know how they were stored , this is'nt about storage its about shotty craftsmanship and was going to make me pay for return shipping . Just sharing my experience with this.

Last edited:
I had put Han on the back burner, but recently got the CNCed box nailed together so I figured I should get going on this.
I'm non my second layer of glue. I bought regular elmers glue not realizing wood glue dries faster and harder. The pictures are from my fist pour layer.

IMG_2790.jpeg
IMG_2792.jpeg

I still have so muck work to do, but I decided to get him up on the wall while I figure my next step. I went with the french cleat method of hanging recommended here. I can not believe some of the glue is still drying deep under the top dry layer. I guess it's time for the putty.
IMG_2817.jpeg

An update on my HIC build. He's all primed and reddy for silver. I'm not super happy with him. I think he is more Han in stucco than Han in carbonate. I guess we will see after silver paint and black wash.
IMG_3031.jpeg
IMG_3032.jpeg
IMG_3033.jpeg

Next Update: I've started the paint process. I'm not very good at painting large areas, so I used hammered paint for the box. It's a much more forgiving spray paint. I hand painted the Han with silver craft paint. My plan is to tape off the box, clear coat the Han lightly, then give it a black wash. Any thoughts??

IMG_3099.jpeg
IMG_3100.jpeg
IMG_3103.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back