Unfated (Jason's) HIC build

Unfated

New Hunter
Han: VaderCoke since KingJawa is no longer making them.

Side Panels: I'm 3D printing these using files from thingiverse.com produced by board member Flimsy.
These are great files! Volvo carbonate panel by crissy

Greeblies: I'll be 3D printing these as well. Also files from Flimsy.

Electronics: I ordered from Jon at Home - Fettronics Star Wars Boba Fett Mando Mandolorian Costume Custom Light Boards.

Box: Not sure yet. I'll most likely be making this myself. I wanted to grab a Zenix box, but my 3D panels won't
line up with his box cut outs.

Unfated

New Hunter
Here is VaderCoke's resin Han. I'm pretty happy with it.

IMG_1730.jpeg

Unfated

New Hunter
They are not quite as nice as I'd like, but they will work. They cost me about a quarter of what a cast set would have cost.
I ended up buying the aluminum u-clips from Zenix and I'm happy I did. I'm still having trouble getting the box CNC routed, so
next I'll be working on my Han cast. He needs some clean up and filling.

IMG_1781.jpeg
IMG_1782.jpeg

novadercoke

New Hunter

Side Panels: I'm 3D printing these using files from thingiverse.com produced by board member Flimsy.

Electronics: I ordered from Jon at Home - Fettronics Star Wars Boba Fett Mando Mandolorian Costume Custom Light Boards.

Box: Not sure yet. I'll most likely be making this myself. I wanted to grab a Zenix box, but my 3D panels won't

Here is VaderCoke's resin Han. I'm pretty happy with it.

View attachment 172158

Last edited:

novadercoke

New Hunter
Did you have to do alot of repair on your vadercoke fiberglass parts ? I ordered mine they were green when i pulled them out of the box so i layed them out so they would cure flat while i made the box . So two months later i went to start on putting him on the box and this is what the parts look like as of right now , parts are full of air pockets and and face and hands are releasing from the part . I'm glad i waited for these to cure i would be pissed after getting him painted and two months later this happens . Just a warning .

Attachments

• IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1596.JPG
    IMG_1596.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1595.JPG
    IMG_1595.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    897.3 KB · Views: 175

Unfated

New Hunter
Did you have to do alot of repair on your vadercoke fiberglass parts ? I ordered mine they were green when i pulled them out of the box so i layed them out so they would cure flat while i made the box . So two months later i went to start on putting him on the box and this is what the parts look like as of right now , parts are full of air pockets and and face and hands are releasing from the part . I'm glad i waited for these to cure i would be pissed after getting him painted and two months later this happens . Just a warning .

Mine had a few chips around the edges and a couple of easily filled bubbles, but nothing like any of that.

novadercoke

New Hunter
Mine had a few chips around the edges and a couple of easily filled bubbles, but nothing like any of that.
Yeah when i tried to correspond with him about it he felt the need to insult me and say this repair was laughable and said he did'nt know how they were stored , this is'nt about storage its about shotty craftsmanship and was going to make me pay for return shipping . Just sharing my experience with this.

Last edited:

Unfated

New Hunter
I had put Han on the back burner, but recently got the CNCed box nailed together so I figured I should get going on this.
I'm non my second layer of glue. I bought regular elmers glue not realizing wood glue dries faster and harder. The pictures are from my fist pour layer.

IMG_2790.jpeg
IMG_2792.jpeg

Unfated

New Hunter
I still have so muck work to do, but I decided to get him up on the wall while I figure my next step. I went with the french cleat method of hanging recommended here. I can not believe some of the glue is still drying deep under the top dry layer. I guess it's time for the putty.
IMG_2817.jpeg

Unfated

New Hunter
An update on my HIC build. He's all primed and reddy for silver. I'm not super happy with him. I think he is more Han in stucco than Han in carbonate. I guess we will see after silver paint and black wash.
IMG_3031.jpeg
IMG_3032.jpeg
IMG_3033.jpeg

Unfated

New Hunter
Next Update: I've started the paint process. I'm not very good at painting large areas, so I used hammered paint for the box. It's a much more forgiving spray paint. I hand painted the Han with silver craft paint. My plan is to tape off the box, clear coat the Han lightly, then give it a black wash. Any thoughts??

IMG_3099.jpeg
IMG_3100.jpeg
IMG_3103.jpeg