Twi'lek head dress

psberetta

Active Hunter
I need to make one of these to complete my wifes costume,but, I don't want it to be sewn fabric. Do I make a clay sculpt, plaster over that, then pour latex into the plaster mold ? If so, what do I use as a release agent? I only need to make one.
Thanks,-Tim-

Like this:

Aayla 3.jpg

Scottrooper, I've seen that website before. That's your wife? Lucky you, I've been trying to get mine into a costume for a while now. Good luck, and have fun.

yup Mandalorfett, thats my wife :) did her Twi'lek headress, then did a new one for Aayla, then made Mara Jade, and working on Leia's senatorial outfit.... heck yeah I lucked out :-D

Scottrooper said:
http://members.aol.com/Mitji/Twilek.htm

my wife's site. she's made latex lekku so far and is currently working on making them from silicone rubber (more flexible) but she's got a tutorial up there about how she made them
Silicone is defiantly the way to go , has a very real look and feel to it. However I think you have to mold it in the color you want because I'm pretty sure it does'ent paint well.

How is she going to do the silicone? Thin walled or solid? If solid that will be one heavy head piece. I would just use a self skinning cold foam. It would be easier to do, easy to paint and alot cheaper. Plus it would be lightweight and move nice.

Ruffkintoy said:
How is she going to do the silicone? Thin walled or solid? If solid that will be one heavy head piece. I would just use a self skinning cold foam. It would be easier to do, easy to paint and alot cheaper. Plus it would be lightweight and move nice.
Yeah, that's a good idea too. Do you have a specific brand in mind?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back