Boots Toe Spikes Advice Needed Please

B0B4F3TT

Hunter
Ive got a pair of Boba Fett boots with metal toe spikes. The first time i tried them on one of the spikes broke off. I'm considering drilling a small hole in the back of the spikes and tapping a thread so they can be bolted on. Has anyone had any experience in this or could anyone give me any pointers. Ive bonded it back on with Araldite but im not happy as i know the first time i go out chances are im gonna come back with one missing. The boots are from Imperial Boots via RS Props and consist of 2 spikes bonded to a metal plate that then screws into the shoe wall at the front. As always, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20210814_215443.jpg
    20210814_215443.jpg
    924.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 20210814_215858.jpg
    20210814_215858.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 195
@BOB4F3TT
I also have a set of Imperial Boots, and the spikes came included with my purchase. I ended up using a combo of Superglue and Screws to get them attached to the boot. I was also curious as I've seen many other vendors have the spike attached via screw. Someone really needs to make these out of high grade stainless steel (As one single piece).
Boots with Spikes and Weathered.jpg

Regards,
-Iron

@BOB4F3TT
I also have a set of Imperial Boots, and the spikes came included with my purchase. I ended up using a combo of Superglue and Screws to get them attached to the boot. I was also curious as I've seen many other vendors have the spike attached via screw. Someone really needs to make these out of high grade stainless steel (As one single piece).
View attachment 214265

Regards,
-Iron
Your right you know, i did like 3 steps in mine and off it popped. Now unless u walk on your heels its gonna be a common problem. Im gonna try the tap n screw method this week. Worst case scenario i get my mate to weld em back on. I'll let u know how i get on but the proof of wether it works will come with usage i suppose.

Oh geez! Yeah I’ve had mine on only for a few hours total (a couple small troops & events) and mine thus far have not fallen off, I’ll consider myself lucky then.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back