Thoughts on evolution props

LB66679

Hunter
I saw that evolution props sells ESB boots in 13 and 14 was wondering if anyone has ordered stuff from them or if they are reputable ? Thanks in advance

There are several threads already on Evolution Props:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/evolution-props-53049/?highlight=evolution+props

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/evolution-props-good-bad-52383/?highlight=evolution+props

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/evolution-props-good-bad-ugly-34435/?highlight=evolution+props

If you're looking for boots, I would wait for a run of MOW. I don't know if he has your size, but if you PM him he might be able to sort you out.

wow sorry should have looked a little harder ! i contacted MOW and they dont sell 13's anymore so this was my next option . read those threads and the boots seem to be "ok" so i might order and modify as needed .

The boots run a little big. So you might be alright. Is he just out of stock or is he not making them ever again? You might get lucky and find some in the cargo hold. The MOW boot is by far a lot better.

The boots run a little big. So you might be alright. Is he just out of stock or is he not making them ever again? You might get lucky and find some in the cargo hold. The MOW boot is by far a lot better.

he might be making them next run if he does one ? He said to ask around and see if anyone wants to sell theirs . I'll keep my fingers crossed he does another run I can get a set from .

- - - Updated - - -

Def MOW

Sent from a galaxy far far away

im hoping I can get some eventually

he might be making them next run if he does one ?

He'll definitely do another run - just a matter of when. He's the only one right now making a quality boot, so the wait will be worth it. Always check the cargo hold though - you never know what you're gonna find. I can understand though. I've got a size 12-13. It's tough finding shoes in our sizes.

I've worked on some evolution boots. Material is wrong and it effects the weathering. Kind of a net/mesh outer layer. Go with MOW.

Seems to be the common answer . I'll have to order a 12.5 and use those till they do the next run

- - - Updated - - -

He'll definitely do another run - just a matter of when. He's the only one right now making a quality boot, so the wait will be worth it. Always check the cargo hold though - you never know what you're gonna find. I can understand though. I've got a size 12-13. It's tough finding shoes in our sizes.

I have a long way to go so I have time to wait ! Il keep my eyes open . Thank you !!

See I'm the other way round. I'm a size 7 and MOW doesn't go that small so I had to modify a pair of chelsea boots. I'm not that happy with them but there's nothing I can do about it.

I've worked on some evolution boots. Material is wrong and it effects the weathering. Kind of a net/mesh outer layer. Go with MOW.

I can't agree more here -- I (ok, don't laugh too much) bought a pair of Evolution boots before I'd heard of TDH, and after I became educated I thought "well, I can still make these work..." But I was wrong! Matthew's point of the difficulty weathering the meshy fabric is absolutely correct; the uneven surface causes the paint to settle in the wells and the texture is obvious even after several weathering layers. They are much lighter than Christian's (MOW) boots, and the side elastic is much too short down the sides. I'll add a pic of mine later, but I've recently received proper MOW boots and the difference is just phenomenal.

IMG_1093 copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't agree more here -- I (ok, don't laugh too much) bought a pair of Evolution boots before I'd heard of TDH, and after I became educated I thought "well, I can still make these work..." But I was wrong! Matthew's point of the difficulty weathering the meshy fabric is absolutely correct; the uneven surface causes the paint to settle in the wells and the texture is obvious even after several weathering layers. They are much lighter than Christian's (MOW) boots, and the side elastic is much too short down the sides. I'll add a pic of mine later, but I've recently received proper MOW boots and the difference is just phenomenal.

oh yeah i can see how mesh would be horrid to weather ! with that info ill def be steering clear of them and waiting for some mow boots . didnt think they were THAT far off but it sounds like they would be a total waste so i wont even bother

I really like the "squared off" look of the toe area on the MOW boot. The Evolution and CA Boots versions seem to have softer lines and, in my opinion, are a bit less accurate.
I just got my MOW boots a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier! Happy hunting!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back