Thigh, knee and chin armor construction

BH 19713

Hunter
Hi, i was wondereing how you guys construct your thigh, knee and chin armor to the flightsuit. I know the knees go inside the flightsuit but how about the thigh and chin armor. Velcro?

Do you mean chin armor or shin armor? Jango doesn't have any armor specifically for his chin.

I wear my shin armor exactly as I do my knee armor. Elastic straps fed through the flightsuit, wrapping around my calves and out the other side where they snap to the inside of the shin armor.

Common practice for the thigh armor is that it is connected via chicago screws to the holsters which are connected to the cod piece and it all buckles around the waist in the back via a large plastic clip.

1571673692538.png

Thx didnt guess i could connect the armor to the holster. Does the knees and shin stay in place or should i reinforce it with velcro on the flightsuit?

Thx didnt guess i could connect the armor to the holster. Does the knees and shin stay in place or should i reinforce it with velcro on the flightsuit?

Mine stay in place with the elastic alone but if you want to add velcro to reinforce it for extra security then that shouldnt be an issue. It'll remain hidden underneath so it should be fine.

This nice thing about having the cod, holsters, and thigh armors all connected together as 1 assembly is that it all goes on at once saving you suit-up time.

How did you connect the holster harnes to the cod piece? By a chicago screw?
Yes. A chicago screw through the thigh plate into the inside of the holster. If you were to look down inside my empty holster you would see the chicago screw. So it involves drilling a small hole through your thigh plate and through the back of the holster.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back