The perfect dome!!!

electric jay

Active Hunter
I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but I have been tring to scratch-build a helmet and was pondering the dome...I thought it looked familiar and that I had owned a motorcycle helmet that was similar.
Well, I did some digging online, and found that yeah, a classic British cafe racer helmet is the perfectperfect dome for a Mandalorian.
Check it out:
60105LARGE.gif

The brand is Davida, the model is the Classic. At $230, it's kind of expensive for a scratch-biuld...but if one could find an old one on Ebay or whatever, it might be cool to cast the perfect dome.
Here's a link-o.
http://www.britishcycles.com/generic1.html

BTW, new here so if any of this is not allowed, let me know.

Cool find! That does look really close to our favorite bounty hunter's headgear.
I'm not sure about the ethics of casting a "found part" to scratchbuild a helmet. Maybe some others with more experience will answer as well.

superjedi said:
I'm not sure about the ethics of casting a "found part" to scratchbuild a helmet. Maybe some others with more experience will answer as well.
As long as you don't make any non-functional resin copies of a long-out-of-production and obsolete Casio MQ-1 calculator. That's when people start writing letters and naming names ;)

i say whatever you can use to make something else, use it.No ethics involved.
those are sweet helmets, and with those one could make an actual boba motorcycle helmet.that would be bad ass.

that does look very close, would be great to get accurate measurements.

too bad they are more than a helmet would cost anyway :lol:

nice find tho

-=QuinN

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back