The making of an ESB/MSH-1 FINALLY FINISHED PICS!!!

• Thread starter STEVE THE SWEDE
  • Start date
Looking good bud!!
I can't emphisize the tracing of the scratchs enough!
You can erase and fix pencil marks easy, paint is harder to.
I have done that with my MSH2 and it makes a BIG difference in the outcome of the bucket.

Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!:)

I really feel that I have to set the record straight though. I didn't invent these techniques, the topical weathering routin was introduced to me by the "original Fett painter" Motorfish. Before I started with my ROTJ bucket (it's now been sold) he made sure I got it all figured out and spilled all he's secrets. All I'm doing is to follow in other peoples footsteps.

Lynn, is right!!! Tracing is VERY important! I'm tracing scratches on this bucket 24-7 but mess up anyway from time to time. If you want your scratches aligned with each other you can't skip this face. It's BORING as hell and makes you repeat everything twice (first outlines and then the paint) but it's definatly worth it in the end.

BTW Lynn, dying to see some more pics of your helmet! It looked fantastic the last time I saw it!:) Bring some updates, or are you only thinking in AT-AT terms these days!:lol:;)

Steve.

:eek: :cheers

you guys are raising the bar so high its impossible to get a decent looking suit these days :lol:

STEVE THE SWEDE wrote:

BTW Lynn, dying to see some more pics of your helmet! It looked fantastic the last time I saw it!:) Bring some updates, or are you only thinking in AT-AT terms these days!:lol:;)
Steve.

AT-AT bud, you know it, nothing but 23" tall of pure AWESOME AT-AT!! :D :lol:

Thanks for the comps!
I need to take a break from Fett a little, I'm getting burnt out. Everything from the ears left to right in front is done, I do have more of the dome done now as well.

Since work is picking up this past few weeks, I'm getting home totaly exhausted and painting is the last thing on my mind, so I have been only doing things on the Sat. night and some on Sundays.

My camera took a crap so it will be about 5-6 weeks before I can get a new one when our inome taxes get back so I can't take any pics now.

Lynn

Lynn TXP 0369 wrote:

STEVE THE SWEDE wrote:

Steve.

AT-AT bud, you know it, nothing but 23" tall of pure AWESOME AT-AT!! :D :lol:

Thanks for the comps!
I need to take a break from Fett a little, I'm getting burnt out. Everything from the ears left to right in front is done, I do have more of the dome done now as well.

Since work is picking up this past few weeks, I'm getting home totaly exhausted and painting is the last thing on my mind, so I have been only doing things on the Sat. night and some on Sundays.

My camera took a crap so it will be about 5-6 weeks before I can get a new one when our inome taxes get back so I can't take any pics now.

Lynn

I know what you mean, that's the reason I'm only sitting with this thing for max two hours a day. I've noticed that when the fun goes out the window misstakes and crapy result enters the door.

Sad to hear about your camera, I was really enjoying checking your progress.

Steve.

Excellent work! Where did you get your reference photos from? I'm having a hard time trying to find images that are that close to show that much detail.

Randy Podmore
TK161
Ohio Garrison

Can I just say that as the luck English SOB who's getting this helmet that I'm absolutely STUNNED at what Steve's done with this helmet.

He always said that he wanted to produce something special but I really didnt quite expect this.

This is absolutely AWESOME!!!!

Cheers mate

Jez
tk275link3sm.JPG

damn Steve that's awesome work
hell you are a perfectionist

ok im lazzyboy and i dont read the complete thread :D
but a big Q?
do you make templates of the scratches, or just make a draw in the helmet :)

and for the last

you are a master

<|-(y)
_|_

secol_FETT wrote:

but a big Q?
do you make templates of the scratches, or just make a draw in the helmet :)

Just draw the scratchs you see on the helmet with a pencil, this way you can earse it if you mess it up.
Lynn

Baddblood wrote:

That's awesome, did you brush all of the silver? How're you avoiding streaks?

Thanks!:)

Yes, all the silver scratches were painted with a small brush. Actually they were more "dabed" on then painted in strokes. Also, the silver paint I'm using goes on so thin that it's almost imposible to get streaks in it.

Steve.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back