The Mandalorian Beskar Armor 3D Files and His Gloves

Update for people interested in the gloves. This sample is from factory A, which I work with at work. Still waiting on my friends samples from his factory.

these are brand new so they look “funny”, once they are weathered I think they will look great.

so the only issue I see with this one is the seam on the cuff is incorrect compared to the original but I have alerted them to this and they are correcting it.
Other than that, these have all the correct sewing styles and are made with the correct type of leather.

Choosing between factory A and B will primarily based on quality and accuracy. If factory A is better, the price will be between $50-55/pair depending on shipping.
Regardless of factory they’ll be available in Medium, Large and Extra Large.

More photos are in the thumbnails. I’m expecting factory b samples next week hopefully. But if they take too long I might just go with this factory.

View attachment 183815
I can already see myself handing my little throttle death star bulb to baby yoda

Just discovered this tiny detail regarding the gloves; might be the glove actually extending outside the bracer, meaning that it is longer than i originally suspected.

Thoughts on this?

Attachments

• glove-detail.png
    glove-detail.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 447
Just discovered this tiny detail regarding the gloves; might be the glove actually extending outside the bracer, meaning that it is longer than i originally suspected.

Thoughts on this?

In the first episode his wrist is exposed because the glove is actually not that long. They don’t extend too far.

AC37A270-B042-4D58-9A74-5B88B34C1A83.jpeg

Thanks for all the updates and files! I don't have a printer myself but I want to commission people to print some of that parts for me

I was wonder if anyone have recommendations on where I can go to do this? Thanks!

Thanks for all the updates and files! I don't have a printer myself but I want to commission people to print some of that parts for me

I was wonder if anyone have recommendations on where I can go to do this? Thanks!
You're welcome! Before i had a printer myself, i used 3D Hubs. Its the cheapest way to find a 3D printer person/shop. Sometimes you can even find a local person depending on your location.

Final samples from Factory A With updated wrist seam. Looking great to me. Normally the sewing type which the yellow glove is made with is hard to get right, these look very nice.

Questioning if Factory B will actually follow through. I’m thinking not. I’m going to give B another week to get back to me, and if I don’t hear back I’m going to tell them to forget it and just go with these.

Somehow I need to figure out what size everyone needs. Will have 3 sizes but I don’t want to run out of one size. I might make a google form thing to get an idea of what sizes everyone needs.
2A441F41-D72D-46DB-9F05-099D94530C59.jpeg

Samples are in, pictures below. I am happy to report that the samples came in from Factory A and they are up to my standards (which a very high). So I am comfortable moving forward with making a full run of these and taking preorders also skipping factory B.

Link to Etsy Listing

The only change to these will be the color of the yellow glove to be more yellow and less orange like the original. All seam lines, sewing types and leather types are accurate to the originals.
I did try to have them put velcro on the back, but i knew better than just to have them put it on. In my experience with glove suppliers, the velcro usually doesn't stick. So i asked this factory for a sample of velcro and it was bad, as in doesn't stick hardly at all. So i don't feel comfortable having that velcro sewn to the back. It won't be difficult for buyers to add velcro that has a adhesive back to the glove and the hand armor.
PLEASE NOTE they are fairly tight as they are supposed to fit like a driving glove as thats what they used for the yellow gloves in the screen used gloves. So if you are afraid of them being too tight, order a size up. They will be available in Medium, Large and Extra Large. Ill try to get a sizing chart or palm width chart made.

These should be ready 2.5 weeks from today.
With some added feedback I’ll be making three changes to these.
1) Shorten the black part of the thumb to match the originals.
2) remove the two seams on both sides of the cuff and replace with center palm seam.
3) small sizing issues will be corrected. Mostly the tightness of the palm and cuff. Finger length is perfect. Won’t affect delivery date.
IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2186.jpgIMG_2201.jpgIMG_2197.JPGIMG_2187.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly think that the Orange is a little more accurate to the way they look the entire time on screen, I hope you reconsider making them more yellow. They looked yellow at d23 but that was a whole bunch of different types of light blending with each other and the color corrections done for the show made the armor look more red and the gloves orange just like your prototype
8464DE54-C20C-481C-8631-4EFA957F3F58.png
56B98EFA-C480-4582-9A47-F957F76FB75D.png

I honestly think that the Orange is a little more accurate to the way they look the entire time on screen, I hope you reconsider making them more yellow. They looked yellow at d23 but that was a whole bunch of different types of light blending with each other and the color corrections done for the show made the armor look more red and the gloves orange just like your prototype View attachment 184076View attachment 184077
I mention below the link in my last post that they will be more yellow and less orange. The factory only had the sampled orange/tan leather in stock. They are going to order accurate yellow when they start the full run next week.

I mention below the link in my last post that they will be more yellow and less orange. The factory only had the sampled orange/tan leather in stock. They are going to order accurate yellow when they start the full run next week.
I just thought the orange looked pretty good, I guess we could just use weathering to make them look more orange again

I just thought the orange looked pretty good, I guess we could just use weathering to make them look more orange again
Sorry I misread what you said. Honestly the pictures are deceiving. They look more saturated and closer in the pics than they really are. In person the orange looks more tan. When the finals arrive they’ll be close to the originals and I’ll color correct the photos to match the actual leather on the gloves. Sorry for the confusion.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back