The Bounty Collection - Series 3 - Mando Helmet

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Fellow Mando's,
I just wanted to share this. I know it is not a full sized helmet but rather a small mini replica. I'm not sure if you seen in the stores a little item called "The Bounty Collection" The item I speak of is apparently Series 3. And is this item....
1648359255161.png

I picked this up with the full intention of giving the Mando helmet that shiny chrome finish using Alclad II products and achieve that custom collectable look. Here is what I started with....
The Mando Helmet.jpg

I looked to see how this helmet attaches to the model and after pulling on it with some force I was able to get it apart (Seems to be super glued)....
Wiggle Free.jpg

I then taped off the T-Visor....
T-Visor Taped Off.jpg

And applied the Alclad II Gloss Black Base (ALC-304)....
Gloss Black Applied.jpg

I'm gonna give it till tomorrow morning to cure, then apply the Alclad II Chrome (ALC-107), and then finish it up with some Alclad II Aqua Gloss Clear (ALC-600) to seal it a day later. More to come!
:cool:(y)

Best,
-Iron

Hello Fellow Mando's,
I just wanted to share this. I know it is not a full sized helmet but rather a small mini replica. I'm not sure if you seen in the stores a little item called "The Bounty Collection" The item I speak of is apparently Series 3. And is this item....
View attachment 221954

I picked this up with the full intention of giving the Mando helmet that shiny chrome finish using Alclad II products and achieve that custom collectable look. Here is what I started with....
View attachment 221955

I looked to see how this helmet attaches to the model and after pulling on it with some force I was able to get it apart (Seems to be super glued)....
View attachment 221956

I then taped off the T-Visor....
View attachment 221957

And applied the Alclad II Gloss Black Base (ALC-304)....
View attachment 221958

I'm gonna give it till tomorrow morning to cure, then apply the Alclad II Chrome (ALC-107), and then finish it up with some Alclad II Aqua Gloss Clear (ALC-600) to seal it a day later. More to come!

Best,
-Iron
Well aren’t we a busy little bee. :p

**UPDATE**
I got the Alclad II Chrome (ALC-107) applied this morning. I just love how this product does such a great job.
Chrome Applied.jpg

I'm gonna give this a couple days to setup and I'm thinking about even weathering it a little with some black and rust color elements. I know, you have these ideas and you just wanna take it that extra mile for a piece that probably won't get looked at all that often.....or maybe it will! Haha!

More to come!

-Iron

So, I got my Alclad II Aqua Gloss Clear (ALC-600) sealer on and it looks pretty decent.....
Sealer Applied.jpg

And so you don't have to scroll up to see what it looks like compared to the original, I made a side by side comparison pic....
Before and After.jpg

It's pretty drastic how a little paint can change the subject - but in my opinion made a world of difference. If they only did this from the get go.

Still debating on whether or not I wanna weather it up. I kinda like it where it is.

-Iron

Looks good! I'd maybe do a black pin wash to make some of the details pop.
PinkFlamingos6
I kinda of agree. You may very well have talked me into it! I love to see the work that others are able to pull off and Adam Savage is no exception. If you take a look at this video...

... at about 13 minutes and 45 seconds into this video he talks about just that!I'm going to digest it a bit more, but more than likely will start this.

More to come!

-Iron

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back