The Bounty Collection - Series 3 - Mando Helmet

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Fellow Mando's,
I just wanted to share this. I know it is not a full sized helmet but rather a small mini replica. I'm not sure if you seen in the stores a little item called "The Bounty Collection" The item I speak of is apparently Series 3. And is this item....
1648359255161.png

I picked this up with the full intention of giving the Mando helmet that shiny chrome finish using Alclad II products and achieve that custom collectable look. Here is what I started with....
The Mando Helmet.jpg

I looked to see how this helmet attaches to the model and after pulling on it with some force I was able to get it apart (Seems to be super glued)....
Wiggle Free.jpg

I then taped off the T-Visor....
T-Visor Taped Off.jpg

And applied the Alclad II Gloss Black Base (ALC-304)....
Gloss Black Applied.jpg

I'm gonna give it till tomorrow morning to cure, then apply the Alclad II Chrome (ALC-107), and then finish it up with some Alclad II Aqua Gloss Clear (ALC-600) to seal it a day later. More to come!
:cool:(y)

Best,
-Iron

ShortFuse

Well-Known Hunter
Hello Fellow Mando's,
I just wanted to share this. I know it is not a full sized helmet but rather a small mini replica. I'm not sure if you seen in the stores a little item called "The Bounty Collection" The item I speak of is apparently Series 3. And is this item....
View attachment 221954

I picked this up with the full intention of giving the Mando helmet that shiny chrome finish using Alclad II products and achieve that custom collectable look. Here is what I started with....
View attachment 221955

I looked to see how this helmet attaches to the model and after pulling on it with some force I was able to get it apart (Seems to be super glued)....
View attachment 221956

I then taped off the T-Visor....
View attachment 221957

And applied the Alclad II Gloss Black Base (ALC-304)....
View attachment 221958

I'm gonna give it till tomorrow morning to cure, then apply the Alclad II Chrome (ALC-107), and then finish it up with some Alclad II Aqua Gloss Clear (ALC-600) to seal it a day later. More to come!

Best,
-Iron
Well aren’t we a busy little bee. :p

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
**UPDATE**
I got the Alclad II Chrome (ALC-107) applied this morning. I just love how this product does such a great job.
Chrome Applied.jpg

I'm gonna give this a couple days to setup and I'm thinking about even weathering it a little with some black and rust color elements. I know, you have these ideas and you just wanna take it that extra mile for a piece that probably won't get looked at all that often.....or maybe it will! Haha!

More to come!

-Iron

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I got my Alclad II Aqua Gloss Clear (ALC-600) sealer on and it looks pretty decent.....
Sealer Applied.jpg

And so you don't have to scroll up to see what it looks like compared to the original, I made a side by side comparison pic....
Before and After.jpg

It's pretty drastic how a little paint can change the subject - but in my opinion made a world of difference. If they only did this from the get go.

Still debating on whether or not I wanna weather it up. I kinda like it where it is.

-Iron

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Looks good! I'd maybe do a black pin wash to make some of the details pop.
PinkFlamingos6
I kinda of agree. You may very well have talked me into it! I love to see the work that others are able to pull off and Adam Savage is no exception. If you take a look at this video...

... at about 13 minutes and 45 seconds into this video he talks about just that!I'm going to digest it a bit more, but more than likely will start this.

More to come!

-Iron