Suiting up by yourself

Boba Fret

Hunter
Is anyone able to suit up by themselves? I’ve had my wife help me a few times, especially with the back plate and jetpack, but I hate asking her to do it and I haven’t joined any groups yet, so I’m unsure how any of that works once I start trooping.

So, I actually tested out whether I could do it myself or not. I have pretty flexible arms, so I thought I’d test putting on the hardest pieces - the harness, vest, backplate and jetpack. To my surprise I was actually able to pull it off. It took a bit longer than I thought and there was a lot of trial and error. But no jetpacks were harmed in the process. We’ll see whether or not this will be sustainable, but I wondered if this was a common thing or if everyone required someone else to suit up?

81BDE7D0-4FBF-41B0-B270-F79B9194CE71.jpeg

There are more out there, but this is the one that was most recently discussed.

There are more out there, but this is the one that was most recently discussed.
Interesting, thanks. I missed that in my initial searching. So I guess I should add that my jetpack attaches by plastic clips and not metal rings, I have a Bobamaker V3 jetpack if that helps. I wonder if the metal rings are harder to put on my yourself?

Interesting, thanks. I missed that in my initial searching. So I guess I should add that my jetpack attaches by plastic clips and not metal rings, I have a Bobamaker V3 jetpack if that helps. I wonder if the metal rings are harder to put on my yourself?
I don’t think one would be harder than the other. It also depends if you are using the SCBA harness to attach your jetpack. Are the plastic clips the only attachment point on yours? With the SCBA harness there is another attachment point at the bottom that adds another layer of difficulty. Also, why take the chance of missing a ring and have your expensive jetpack crash to the floor?

I don’t think one would be harder than the other. It also depends if you are using the SCBA harness to attach your jetpack. Are the plastic clips the only attachment point on yours? With the SCBA harness there is another attachment point at the bottom that adds another layer of difficulty. Also, why take the chance of missing a ring and have your expensive jetpack crash to the floor?
Yes, it is a scuba style metal harness, but it has clips instead of rings. And yeah the clips are the only attachment point. Nothing on the bottom of the jetpack.

Yes, it is a scuba style metal harness, but it has clips instead of rings.
stleon2
That's interesting, do you have pics of that setup?

Here is an example of the Scuba system...
1661355918157.png

...and then on the Jetpack itself you'd have....
1661355972312.png

So:
a) The Hooks go onto the Rings.
b) The Clips slide over the Metal Bar.

Is this the kind of system you have? I do believe the names listed in Red is what everyone knows them to be on The Dented Helmet. (If I'm incorrect someone please correct me)

The above Jetpack is mine, but I have a Man of War Studios Jetpack Harness and it ONLY uses Hooks and Rings, for it's attachment points.
Full Metal Fett Hook Added to MoW Vest.jpg

I'm trying lose to lose a few pounds before I begin work on my Big Dane Scuba Jetpack Harness.
1661356457186.png

Best,
-Iron

Yeah here it is

655D8FDC-C64C-42FD-A012-838C8FAED8C8.jpeg

As you can see here, I have that bottom metal bar, but no slots in the vest to have it come out of the back armor like that.

A4F93F76-2A43-46EE-B295-5CB7F9A5E01E.jpeg

And here’s the attachment points on the jetpack

17CBD621-4CC3-4034-8284-F1D8986F08A7.jpeg

stleon2
Ah! Very much like how you'd strap up a Boba Maker Jetpack then. Oh I'm just now seeing that it IS a Boba Maker Jetpack.
(y)

But I don't wanna derail this thread. So, you're question of...
Is anyone able to suit up by themselves?

Short answer is, getting suited up as Boba Fett is a typically a two-person job. If I'm driving somewhere to troop as Boba, I just need help with my Jetpack. I'll have ALL my armor on, I get help via the kid or wife (Flak Vest and Back Armor) and I won't have on my left gauntlet or ammo belt. Right now it is two Hooks/Rings with my Man of War Studios Jetpack Harness. Thus far, I've NOT encountered anyone NOT willing to help out Boba.

There is this thread (Solo Jetpack Rig) where a user, GeekdadX7 shows (in a video) how he gets his jetpack on via a custom stand he made and magnetic Hooks/Rings.

Hats off to him for making this, but I have no issues asking for help.

Best,
-Iron

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back