Starting my first Fett 3D Model

Hi guys,

I've been 3D modeling for quite some time and have modeled many of my favorite film characters. But for some reason I've never gotten around to modeling everyone's favorite bounty hunter. This morning I finally decided to take the plunge, so I started working on his helmet. Ultimately I am aiming for a more ROTJ type of look. More soon!

Fett_Helmet2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice start! Check out the gallery for detail shots of the helmet...

Thanks and will do! :) Proportions are hard to get right, but there is a ton of reference here. Very cool to be part of this community.

@ Seeker: Sorry, did not see your message :) Thanks! So far it's all been modeled in 3ds Max. Will take it into Zbrush for surface detail, paint and all of the cloth bits :)

Looking good so far. If you're striving for accuracy, I'd suggest deciding which version you're making. As you're likely aware, there are all sorts of differences between ESB, RoTJ and the special edition Fetts.
I'd pick one rather just leaning in that direction and then you can source the appropriate reference material and build from there.

Thanks Bounty, definitely veering to the ROTJ helmet. Started to add really basic color to make sure the proportions are as close as I can get them (I find that adding color helps).

That being said, as of right now the colors and markings are way off right now (as is the surface texture), but now I have a general idea of where to look to make sure the proportions of the helmet are on par before moving on to details :) Definitely need to tweak the ears and the overall visor slope and dimensions. Getting closer slowly but steadily :)
Fettcolor.jpg

No real color/paint changes, just made some proportional changes in accordance to/with the gallery images of the RotJ helmet :) More progress coming this weekend! :)
RotJ.jpg

Nice job dude! What is your camera focal length? Haven't messed with 3ds for a long time but in c4d I know it has a lot to do with the output. Cheers.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back