Star Wars ESB 'Time Capsule' Discovered

TD4608

Active Hunter
Today, my brother came into possession of a large amount of what appear to be late 70's Star Wars items. Although memorabilia is fun, it's seems to be a bit more than that; I haven't seen everything yet, and the volume of material makes it hard for him to get me photos of everything, but as a member here I thought I'd post pictures of what appear to be pre-production concept sketches or extremely high quality copies that were included in the find; you'll note the initials of the artist on the sketches. Also found in the material was Star Wars letterhead from Lucasfilm... I thought that was interesting! I had not seen any of these before, so your input or insight is welcome!

Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpgPicture4.jpgPicture5.jpgPicture6.jpg

More pictures from my brother (and a lot more to come soon)
Picture14.jpgPicture9.jpgPicture11.jpgPicture15.jpgPicture12.jpgPicture7.jpgPicture13.jpgPicture8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Furious: Man, I can only imagine. There is no way to trace this back as being legit... but I can't imagine it being anything else. The style looks right, but I can't say anything for sure.

It looks like his style and it does sort of match his handwriting from what I can tell. Man if this is original sketches that would be amazing!!

There is more material my brother is going through. There are 'new condition' T-shirts back from 79 and a bunch of marketing stuff and some photos. He's blown away. I don't yet have his permission to say how he got a hold of this stuff, but it's a pretty dang crazy story. I'm sure as I learn more so will all of us. I will keep this thread updated with new info as I get his permission to put it out there.

There is more material my brother is going through. There are 'new condition' T-shirts back from 79 and a bunch of marketing stuff and some photos. He's blown away. I don't yet have his permission to say how he got a hold of this stuff, but it's a pretty dang crazy story. I'm sure as I learn more so will all of us. I will keep this thread updated with new info as I get his permission to put it out there.
Heh, I was just gonna ask where it came from. Well if you get permission to tell us I am sure we would all love to hear!

There's nothing bad about the story. I'll get permission, no doubt. I honestly think this is the first time anyone has seen these, if they indeed are from the real RM

Here are some additional items found with the sketches. It's a bizarre mix of stuff. Sorry for the orientation of some of the photos, for whatever reason they ended up that way when I uploaded them.
IMG_0704.jpgIMG_0700.jpgIMG_0703.jpgIMG_0702.jpgIMG_0701.jpg
IMG_0709.jpgIMG_0706.jpgIMG_0711.jpgIMG_0705.jpgIMG_0710.jpg
IMG_0712.jpgIMG_0716.jpgIMG_0714.jpgIMG_0713.jpgIMG_0715.jpg
The shirts above are NOT the new Wal-Mart retro copies; those are the real-deal late 70's - early 80's tee's that have never been worn.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back