Stainless Steel Thermal Detonator

great work!! really cool!! I love the fact that's made of steel and that the lights really work.

awesome!!!

I have read this thread twice over and I don't think it is mentioned how the two half spheres are actually secured together. Glue, screw?

T_bone9600 or anyone else who has done this, can you answer this for me please? Thanks

I actually just super glued it all the way around the top then just a couple of small places on the bottom so it could be easily taken apart. Hope this helps.

I actually just super glued it all the way around the top then just a couple of small places on the bottom so it could be easily taken apart.

Thanks. I'm about to give this a shot and hope mine turns out nearly as good as yours. Good job.

I have had a couple questions about groove placement so here is the template I found and used. Thanks to whomever made it! You may have to adjust the scale depending on the diameter of you scoops. Just remember when you cut out your sections around what will be the center, to cut the opposite ones on the second half. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• td_grooveplan2.bmp
    199.7 KB · Views: 740
Here is a wiring diagram that I found on the internet. I'm not sure if it is from someone here on TDH. Here is the link with their detonator. http://4a-ge.livejournal.com/

I'm no expert in the electrical field so if someone could tell me if this diagram would work or not before I buy all the stuff for wiring it up, that would be great.

thermal detonator wiring diagram.jpeg

Well as far as your curcuit I'm trying to make one but i can't find a 510 ohm resistor. Is that really the resistor he used?

He didn't talk about his wiring experience with the detonator but just shows the diagram he used.

Also, I would like to add that it is not my intent to take over this thread. If this is unacceptable, please let me know and I'll start a new one. My appologies to t_bone9600 if this is the case.

Also, I would like to add that it is not my intent to take over this thread. If this is unacceptable, please let me know and I'll start a new one. My appologies to t_bone9600 if this is the case.

No problems. It might be easier for folks who are trying this build to find the info they need if it is all in one place, rather than scattered over multiple threads.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back