Staggz' Din Djarin Season 1 build.

staggzCosplay

New Hunter
Hey folks,

I've never posted on here so I figured I would start with this....

This is my Mandalorian Season 1 costume so far.... here's all the pieces I have:

• I bought 2 Efx helmets which I modified and combined. I picked the best dome, tore the ears and vent off, and put the best ears on them. I then modded the visor corners to be more "narrow" as it's very clear that poor molding and finishing caused the visor to be wider than it should be (it most likely was dremeled and cut out too much). The ears I added two details to which were not already present... although the Efx was lineage, AGAIN, it was really poorly molded. I'll be painting this here soon.
  • Flight suit is a modified CosplaySky, it's really not bad and just needed a couple details added and weathering. I bought two because I needed the pants more baggy but the shirt more fitted. I may as well use the cummerbund as well as it's not bad.
  • flak vest and cape are ordered from Darkside Closet
  • Leathers are all of Debora Di Mio's newest V3 leathers
  • Armor was all 3D printed from Great Ape's files (I scaled shoulders to 110% and thighs to 115% as they are too small to begin with at 100%. Everything else was left at 100% because it's very close to the real sizes in my opinion, and fits me really well at 5'11-6').
  • Blaster is Joe Browning's kit with wood grips and metal flash.
  • Rifle is undecided.
  • Metals are all JJ industries
  • Boots are CrowProps
  • Trackingfob was OneReplicas and installed by my friend Cody.
  • Gloves are the real gauntlets everyone has been using, but you'll have to forgive me, I literally can't remember the name of them.

All armor is painted by me using custom mixes suggested by @MrMoldMaker (who I believe is on these forums as well?). This is also my flight suit weathering and tracking fob.
M4.jpg

M1.jpg
M2.jpg
M3.jpg
M5.jpg
M6.jpg
M7.jpg
M8.jpg
M9.jpg
M10.jpg
M11.jpg
M12.jpg
M13.jpg
Flightsuit weathering.jpg

More updates to come... hopefully you'll see the finished helmet in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

masterjedi322

New Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Great work, Weston!

I would be interested in hearing more details on the weathering techniques, if you’d like to share.

Sean

staggzCosplay

New Hunter
Great work, Weston!

I would be interested in hearing more details on the weathering techniques, if you’d like to share.

Sean
Hey Sean, thank you for the kind words!

Of course! I will say though, I can't really take credit for the weathering. While I did all the paint myself, Mr Guy taught me basically everything that I did.

So, part of the weathering is actually the base paints themselves. They were custom mixed using Montana gold and some other cheaper name-brand spray paints that I tested out. I tried to make everything I did very "splotchy", so I would start with my base color, and then paint on highlights and shades of different shades. Reds, oranges, and browns for the "brown" armor and then tan, cream, and sand for the shoretrooper style armor. I then went back over everything with the Vallejo black, grey, and tan paints to do all the chipping and scuffs. Then I do a quick satin seal and you're left with a piece looking like this:
196569359_845594809382053_742810351277278769_n.jpg

After that, I weathered them with oils. I thinned raw umber and burnt umber with naphtha and would use a chip brush to splatter it on, dap it on, and then pat it with a soft sponge and towel. For the shoretrooper parts, I didn't use any burnt umber, but replaced that with black instead. I just kept repeating that, then sealed it, and then I went over everything with a silver acrylic to do all the silver scuffs. I also thinned down some orange oil paint and used it as a highlight on the brown armor (not weathering but highlighting)... also a great tip from Mr Guy and really made the armor pop.

Lastly, I used acrylic "tan" watered down in the cracks for sand, used hairspray to add some fullers earth, and then used some sand paper to create some realistic scrapes.

staggzCosplay

New Hunter
Finished up my blaster from Joe Browning. I have another one from OuterRimWorkshop that I'll be sending to the guy who is painting one of my Efx helmets as well, who painted the original (I'm painting my other Efx helmet myself as I personally want to be able to learn how to paint these guys up).

mandoblaster1.jpg

mandoblaster2.jpg