*SPOILERS* The Book of Boba Fett Discussion

This article breaks down the timeline then offers some pretty logical speculation, but I've also seen Rodriguez and Klein confirm the whole season was about beating out the shut down. When you look at the show with that context, along with whatever may or may not have been going on with Pascal's negotiations, the picture becomes pretty clear. It makes sense that it was rushed every aspect of the way and they may have salvaged what they could of where Mando would go, and even gave a relatively okay ending to the character if a third season didn't happen. The last three episodes, I'm guessing, are a truncated version of what season three would have been, with Boba's intended plot spread too thin to compensate.

This article breaks down the timeline then offers some pretty logical speculation, but I've also seen Rodriguez and Klein confirm the whole season was about beating out the shut down. When you look at the show with that context, along with whatever may or may not have been going on with Pascal's negotiations, the picture becomes pretty clear. It makes sense that it was rushed every aspect of the way and they may have salvaged what they could of where Mando would go, and even gave a relatively okay ending to the character if a third season didn't happen. The last three episodes, I'm guessing, are a truncated version of what season three would have been, with Boba's intended plot spread too thin to compensate.

This raises a lot of good points and if any of it is true, I suppose I can sort of forgive some of the errors made and the overall lacklustre quality. I can't begin to hypothesise on the inner machinations of a company like Disney, or the kinds of pressures production might have been under. All I hope is that those involved know this wasn't good. I hope they know that they rushed it, that they could have done a lot better, and that their little experiment to create a Mando/Boba Frankenstein's monster from the writing room failed because if they don't know those things, and they come away from this thinking they nailed it then boy are we in trouble for any future projects.

This raises a lot of good points and if any of it is true, I suppose I can sort of forgive some of the errors made and the overall lacklustre quality. I can't begin to hypothesise on the inner machinations of a company like Disney, or the kinds of pressures production might have been under. All I hope is that those involved know this wasn't good. I hope they know that they rushed it, that they could have done a lot better, and that their little experiment to create a Mando/Boba Frankenstein's monster from the writing room failed because if they don't know those things, and they come away from this thinking they nailed it then boy are we in trouble for any future projects.
I have a very similar reaction. I don't expect them to ever bow down to fan pressure but I do hope for some course correction at least. And it does alleviate some of my feelings as the next season may be consistent with the better parts of this.

I am really anxious to hear the producers thoughts on it. Not the hype and press kit marketing statements but their real feelings on what they turned out.

I don't expect to ever learn that but would love to.

It just baffles me because you have an intellectual property like Star Wars with a 45 year history, a rich world galaxy of planets, species, stories, and characters to draw from. How hard is it to find competent writers with a passion for the brand to craft interesting new stories? They did it with Gareth Edwards for Rogue One, I can't understand why the success rate is so low from film to film. The hard work has all been done - you have almost half a century of content to draw from. I know all the EU stuff isn't canon anymore but that should make the writer's job even easier - you can literally pick and choose what to bring in and establish and you can re-write anything that doesn't serve your story. I see none of that in BoBF.

Rushing the entire production satisfies me as an explanation. Like I said before, I've seen far better work from everyone involved. The whole show was half baked, start to finish. They needed something to start airing at the end of the year (which they barely made it) and probably did the best they could with the time given. It's really reminiscent of what happened with Rise of Skywalker.

What happened to this guy !!

I know right? I still cant believe how they showed us Boba in chapter "The Tragedy" of S2 Mandalorian to this "chump" version of him we didn't asked for nor expected. If you go on Twitter and see how these clueless kids praise the show posting stupid artwork of Boba petting the rancor with hearts and ****, etc. it just irritates the hell out of you they way they are just happy and pleased with the bad quality of the show overall. And Boba going razzle dazzle using knee darts here in the end vs how he did it when he layed em on the Stormtrooper platoon also shows how lame he went all out compared to when he did it alone. I too am sadden after having wait a whole year of a show that could've been amazing with Boba having help of REAL bounty hunters we were hoping to see and instead they gave us the stupid biker gang with Tazmanian Devil shooting like John Wick. I enjoyed way more Cad Bane when he appeared than Boba in this show it pisses me off still.
273501478_4262485370519679_8638280185657681462_n.jpg

I know right? I still cant believe how they showed us Boba in chapter "The Tragedy" of S2 Mandalorian to this "chump" version of him we didn't asked for nor expected. If you go on Twitter and see how these clueless kids praise the show posting stupid artwork of Boba petting the rancor with hearts and ****, etc. it just irritates the hell out of you they way they are just happy and pleased with the bad quality of the show overall. And Boba going razzle dazzle using knee darts here in the end vs how he did it when he layed em on the Stormtrooper platoon also shows how lame he went all out compared to when he did it alone. I too am sadden after having wait a whole year of a show that could've been amazing with Boba having help of REAL bounty hunters we were hoping to see and instead they gave us the stupid biker gang with Tazmanian Devil shooting like John Wick. I enjoyed way more Cad Bane when he appeared than Boba in this show it pisses me off still.View attachment 220328
I know what you mean, the undue praise and incessant meme making is infuriating.

I know right? I still cant believe how they showed us Boba in chapter "The Tragedy" of S2 Mandalorian to this "chump" version of him we didn't asked for nor expected. If you go on Twitter and see how these clueless kids praise the show posting stupid artwork of Boba petting the rancor with hearts and ****, etc. it just irritates the hell out of you they way they are just happy and pleased with the bad quality of the show overall. And Boba going razzle dazzle using knee darts here in the end vs how he did it when he layed em on the Stormtrooper platoon also shows how lame he went all out compared to when he did it alone. I too am sadden after having wait a whole year of a show that could've been amazing with Boba having help of REAL bounty hunters we were hoping to see and instead they gave us the stupid biker gang with Tazmanian Devil shooting like John Wick. I enjoyed way more Cad Bane when he appeared than Boba in this show it pisses me off still.View attachment 220328

Says a lot when this for me was the best bit in the whole series. Even this felt lethargic compared to the pace of the action in the Tragedy!

I enjoyed it. Alot in fact. Biggest issue is: it was a bold move to separate Din and Grogu. Like... We all felt it. This show litteraly has no character progression for any of its characters other then: Grogu is back with Din... And he has a new ship. That's it. (KadArt has spoken)

Regardless of how Boba lives up to anyone's expectations or not.... They're breaking Mando's s2 finale by resetting all the pieces. That's the main issue here that could even spell doom for Mando S3.

I was ready for a battle for Mandalore.

Now Grogu will become a gimmick. Maybe because he sells the most plushies.

Last edited:
For the people that can't understand why people in the first couple of episodes were complaining about why wasn't TAM digitally de-aged for the flashback scenes... Jango Fett was 44 years old in attack of the clones.
Boba Fett is 36 in Return of the Jedi.

In TBoBF... Boba is supposed to be 41 years old.
In attack of the clones, tam was 41 years old, playing a 44 year old character.
In Tbobf, Tam is 61 years old... playing both a 36 AND a 41 year old character.
Tam was 41 when he played 44 yo Jango fett.... and 61 when he played 36 year old boba fett.
36 yo boba fett looks like Jango Fett's older father.
*shrugs* It is what it is.
273428253_2421559537981091_3631669230910520159_n.png

If disney can afford to deep-fake luke skywalker's digital face onto an actor for an entire 1.5 episode... could they not afford to slightly de-age Tam to be Boba Fett in the flash backs at least, so that he wouldn't have looked like a 61 year old pretending to be nearly 1/2 his age? That was what was throwing me off so badly during the flashbacks. They essentially had boba's 30 year older father, playing him. That would have only been for 2.5 episodes.
Seeing 61 year old tam playing tbobf boba is no biggy for me, because now he's weathered and gruff. But right out of the sarlaac pit.... it was just... off.
But... thats just me being nitpicky.

Last edited:
For the people that can't understand why people in the first couple of episodes were complaining about why wasn't TAM digitally de-aged for the flashback scenes... Jango Fett was 44 years old in attack of the clones.

Tam was 41 when he played 44 yo Jango fett.... and 61 when he played 36 year old boba fett.
View attachment 220364

If disney can afford to deep-fake luke skywalker's digital face onto an actor for an entire 1.5 episode... could they not afford to slightly de-age Tam to be Boba Fett in the flash backs at least, so that he wouldn't have looked like a 61 year old pretending to be nearly 1/2 his age? That was what was throwing me off so badly during the flashbacks. They essentially had boba's 30 year older father, playing him. That would have only been for 2.5 episodes.
Seeing 61 year old tam playing tbobf boba is no biggy for me, because now he's weathered and gruff. But right out of the sarlaac pit.... it was just... off.
It's Tatooine... Must be XD
images.jpeg

View attachment 220364

I was just having this conversation elsewhere.

Although there was so much bad to choose from, including this.....

But what was your worst bit of the BOBF...

I simply put easy:

As a fan - helmet off and using an old overweight short man.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back