Sizing question

IXMandalorianXI

New Hunter
I've recently renewed my interest in tackling this long delayed project to craft a Fett Bucket, and today I started my first steps, I've printed out Wizard of Flight's templates, and I'm going to cut them out in Cardboard form and glue them together to create my base design which will eventually be used to mold a Sintra version. As I started doing so, a thought crossed my mind.

I have a relatively small head (I wear a 6-7/8 to 7 hat size.) Would I be better off scaling the entire helmet down, or just inserting extra padding/some sort of helmet liner to ensure a correct fit?

Scale it for what you plan the rest of the costume's scale to be, so the helmet doesn't look too small for the body, or visa versa. If you don't plan on resizing the armor, then I'd probably just keep the helmet vanilla. Some extra headroom can be useful for adding any electronics or other goodies you want. I wish I had a bit of a smaller head, as it's a pretty limited space in there for me.

Thank you, I hadn't even thought of scaling the rest of the outfit. I'm a bit on the short-side (5' 5") so I suppose I'll just have to trial and error it.

Ive you've got a small coconut, scaling might be a bad idea. I have a larger sized hear, and granted it has no padding yet, the original templates (both WoF and RF) fit me rather well.

It probably depends more on your height and build than head size. If you're around 6' then don't scale the helmet.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back