Sintra Supply

In Dallas, go to AAA Plastics. Ask for Bill. He is generous with scraps! I made a suit of clone armor from scrap Sintra! See...

trio.jpg

I'm this guy's friend, but im posting under his account (No time to make my own now)---

What thinkness would you recomend? I know 4mm is good, but what is that in inches (US Plastics measures in inches) and about how much for a whole set of armor (Minus gauntlets) 48x48" seems to be their standard, so how many. And anyone who has bought from them, how much would you estimate shipping to be? Thanks, i have learned alot from this forum by just reading!

Yes, I think this Sintra clone trooper needs to be addressed in it's own thread. If you aren't just pulling our collective legs that is.

SMGesus: That would be 1/8" thickness.

-Chris

April Fools! No, I did not make this clone armor out of Sintra. But I made my white Fett suit from 1/8" Sintra. And true, AAA Plastics in Dallas is the place to go. He gives away scraps too. Ask for Bill. Sheesh.

Philip Fett said:
Youve got to be kidding, you made that cone trooper armor out of sintra? You HAVE to show some close up pics of the parts.
I am currently making a clone armor out of a 4' by 8' sheet of 3mm sintra. Worst case scenario it comes out like the clone wars cartoon armor+i just paint all the edges black. Still in the prototyping stage,but hope to post progress pics+tutorials+templates that can be refined over time.Iwas inspired bythe Mandolorian Blueprints+said I'm just gonna do this.

as for thickness i bought .08 '' .06 works too, i didnt want too thin, .08 is THIS THIN *posting picture* but it manages to take a full punch from me (my own stress test) bad pics, but putting a flat piece next to a cd , the sintra is just slightly thicker then a cd. Hope this helps. (.06 might be the same thickness as a CD, iam not sure) I also hear you can Vacu Form sintra.. i forget were i read it though... and the process is slightly different, less heat for one.

Picture 062.jpg

Kissker, where in Mo. do you live? There are a few suppliers in St Louis as well as K.C. PM me and I'll let ya know. Also, I made my son's arnor and jet pack and my whole (except for helmets) McQuarrie Fett and jet pack out of 1/8" thick sintra and layered it. It was much easier doing it that way than using 1/4" thick. Here's a pic.

Geo

I LOVE GEO's JETPACK! Sweet use of Sintra and Plastic roundy shaped thingys!

geoboobypack.jpg

Geo said:
Kissker, where in Mo. do you live? There are a few suppliers in St Louis as well as K.C. PM me and I'll let ya know. Also, I made my son's arnor and jet pack and my whole (except for helmets) McQuarrie Fett and jet pack out of 1/8" thick sintra and layered it. It was much easier doing it that way than using 1/4" thick. Here's a pic.

Geo

Lookout John, "You'll shoot your eye out".

Should I put a bumper sticker on my jet pack that says "Got Milk"? :lol:

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back