SE Boba Fett build

Hey guys,
Long time no post. Ive still been plugging away at the fett when I have the time. Im so close now to having an almost wearable fett. I managed to trim all the armour up, and attached the chest and abdomen pieces with the nut and bolt method, while the cod is attached via push studs. Still need to get me a girth belt and also need some metal pieces such as the collar/waist studs to finish assembling him.

The knees, collar and shoulders are only placed on for the photos.

2011-10-21085550.jpg

At the moment though Ive modified my display. Im hoping to be able to complete a bust much the same as was done for a TDH booth a while back, and display it at the UK TDH display at MEM. Im in the middle of constructing a base/stand for him. I then have till the 18th to paint all the armour up and finish up the helmet. The armour looks slight wonky due to the vest being a bit big for the mannequin, so ignore that for now.

DSCF2585.jpg

Welsh

whoa didn't realize ive left off updating this thread this long.
So ive still been working on the fett, so much so that he will be complete within this month. All of the parts of the suit are ordered, with the gauntlets and neck seal being the only things im waiting on. My blaster should be here tomorrow so im a little excited about that. But more importantly....after painting about 7 different helmets, I now have my own very nearly finished.

IMG_3891-1.jpg

IMG_3894-1.jpg

IMG_3896-1.jpg

IMG_3898-1.jpg

IMG_3899-1.jpg

All that needs doing is the right ear piece. The helmet is of course fully layered, with all the parts screwed and bolted on. Ive got an Ali borden to install on the cheek and then my sexy terminal fettler range finder and its done.

Means that I had our studio all day, I went and stuck the lid on the bust I made, just to get an idea of how it all looks together. Please excuse the neck skirt on the last picture, I need to permanently attach the Velcro to the inside of the helmet.

IMG_3900-1.jpg

IMG_3902-1.jpg

IMG_3904-1.jpg

IMG_3906-1.jpg

So now im hoping my blaster gets here tomorrow so I cant start on it, and weather permitting I will be doing my shoulders and knees over the weekend. It should not be to long until I get to do a test fitting and then hopefully I can finally get this thing finished.

Welsh

Thanks mate for the compliment, means a lot. I can almost see the finish line on this. Apologies for the poor pictures, some of these where taken with an ipad so they aren't the best. So Ive been busy yet again with it. This time on a work of art from a fella named sidewinder. Aside from using a real webley flare gun this is imho the best out there. And I want to say a big thank you to him for his excellent service.

So the gun arrived like so. Like you average helmet/kit, it required the usual clean up process. But this was a very nice casting so aside from a little spot of filler here and there not much work was needed in the prep department.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Here is the gun rough assembled with a little bit of prep. When you receive this thing the first thing you want to do is put the thing together lol. Everything goes together with screws so a nice easy job.

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

I then went ahead and fixed some of the small issues with the gun, finally assembling the piece wit the screws but also with epoxy glue for extra strength. This was then hit with primer to show up any spots I missed.

2012-05-05184028.jpg

DSCF3345.jpg

DSCF3346.jpg

2012-05-05184111.jpg

DSCF3348.jpg

DSCF3349.jpg

There are a few little spots that need attention but other than that its ready for the paint and weathering. Im leaving the stock as is with all the chips and dents in as I think it will look great when painted, given the impression of a heavily used wooden stock.

So as well as the gun, I also went and finished up the shoulders. Same old method as the helmet and the Armour. Silver, mask the damage, then layer the **** out of the thing with yellows, oranges, greys and blacks.

DSCF3353.jpg

DSCF3352.jpg

I then went ahead and fitted some eyelets to the flak vest and some screws to the shoulders to attach them. This was the same method used for all the armor pieces on the vest. The right shoulder looks off in placement but its just the way I put the vest on the bust.

DSCF3355.jpg

DSCF3356.jpg

Im hoping now to have the suit finished by the weekend. Ive got my gauntlets and neck seal arriving this week, and those are the final parts of the suit that I need. Although when I say finished, I mean 98% finished. Boba has his first outing in 3 weeks so I need him finished well before, so im leaving out all the electrics and servo, plus the hoses on the gauntlets. These will be added after the event when I will put him in for 501st clearance.

Thanks,

Welsh

Still looking awesome, brother! That helmet... whew what a paintjob. Any chance you'd take on a commission later in the year?

Craig

The whole thing looks fantastic! So glad you came back to this thread, Im sure im not alone in saying that!!!! Look forward to seeing 100% done and some trooping photos would be nice too! :)

Thanks guys.

So got the studio all day today and managed to bring everything I had in of the suit for a test fit. The photos still need to be edited slightly, Sadly this is not me in the suit, and I doubt I will even get to wear it till next month. I had to get someone else to wear the suit as I was the only one who knew how to put it on. Its fitted the model great except he was a little to tall, so bear with it.

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

So the to do list. The Cod and blaster still need to be painted, and I need to weather the soft parts as they are way to clean and bright. Once the gaunts and neck seal come in I can get them finished and attached and I will go back in the studio and get some more shots of the finished suit. I'll be leaving out the kidney plate and the electrics though till next month as Its a mad rush to get this finished in 2 weeks. Really pleased with how its coming a long though.

What do you guys think?

Welsh

Heres a little taster of the finished piece...well nearly finished. Finally got to wear the thing after 2 years of building. Needs a few tweaks here and there, everything needs to be pulled up slightly. And im going to get some lifts to go in the shoes to give me an extra 2-3 inches as I got stocky rugby legs lol. The suit is going on show for 2 weeks so this is how it will be displayed. I know its missing a few things, hoses, switchs etc... but I literally ran out of time.

boba1.jpg

Its been a long road but I have my dream prop, and its my first as well. Everything else from now on is a bonus :lol:

So Fett is going to an Exhibit now for the next two weeks, due to time constraints I couldnt get it 100% finished. Main things are the hose and flame barrels, switches and kidney armour...among other small details.

These are photos from the final shoot, with a correct size person wearing the suit. I preferred it like this as I could set the suit up how I wanted it and position the model how I wanted. Over the last two year Ive put on a little poundage, And dont really like how I look in the suit at present, so what better incentive to get back in shape.

Enough with the chit chat, heres the pics.

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

Although its not done, this will probably be one the last posts I make for a while. So I would just like to personally thank Art, for setting up this amazing site as well as TDH, without which I wouldnt have had a chance of making this fett. BobafettUK, for his amazing pack and lid, plus without him I wouldnt have half the stuff, so big thanks to him. Mojo fett for all my aluminum goodies, and bobamaker for my soft parts and decals. There's a few more as well so thanks to all that helped.

I can do a part list if anyone is interested as well,
As usual, comments and crit is highly welcome.
Thanks,

Welsh

Awesome Welsh, you did an amazing job! It must feel fantastic to reach the end.... I can't even imagine how great that must be! Keep us posted when you can and any updates and troops! (y)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back