ROTJ WIP

bigswish21

New Hunter
Hello everyone,

So I have decided to share my ROTJ Fett WIP, in hopes to receive some constructive feedback along the way. To begin I started with an armor kit from IOA. I have a helmet kit and jetpack coming from Animefan. My current progress is posted in the photos.

A question for the group I have is about the armor. Do you do any kind of black wash on it? I can't seem to get a definitive from photos. Some photos the armor looks a bit grimy and others not so much.

WCfxcPk.jpg

cL9GVAu.jpg

3N6KJTF.jpg

I completed the gauntlets and then realized I need to add the small tower type detail to the rectangular “Battery” cover greeblie on the inside of the upper shell just beneath the rocket. Should be easy enough to add.
K2JSaJ3.jpg

This was my first attempt at a helmet paint up. I used rattlecans and follwed the paint tutorials and stencils found here on the forums. The helmet is a bit intimidating and practicing first helped a good bit. I think I can do a little better though. I want to make sure I'm ready for when my helmet kit shows up.
CJhr9LI.jpg

auYqJFH.jpg

2bajXB9.jpg

Armor looks good! I think you may want to trim that back kidney plate a little more so the armor isn't digging into you.

Nice job so far. Yeah I would be using some overspray do weather the armor. Look for Deathproofs build thread and I also have some really long videos in my build if you can sit through them. lol. You can always fast forward.

Nice job so far. Yeah I would be using some overspray do weather the armor. Look for Deathproofs build thread and I also have some really long videos in my build if you can sit through them. lol. You can always fast forward.
Thanks. Yeah I have been looking over Deathproofs build as it is very well documented and a great guide. I have also been checking your videos out as well, mostly scanning through them, lol.

Coming together really well. A little black wash wouldn't hurt on the armor. I'm in the middle of building a ROTJ Fett with my Father in law and we are getting close to painting the helmet. We have used rattle cans on all pieces so far and still trying to decide if we should airbrush the helmet or continue with the rattle cans. Seeing your helmet is kind of swaying me to stick with rattle cans.

Coming together really well. A little black wash wouldn't hurt on the armor. I'm in the middle of building a ROTJ Fett with my Father in law and we are getting close to painting the helmet. We have used rattle cans on all pieces so far and still trying to decide if we should airbrush the helmet or continue with the rattle cans. Seeing your helmet is kind of swaying me to stick with rattle cans.
Thanks. I have been through your WIP thread a few times already and it definitely is looking great. Thanks for the advice on the armor, I will probably hit with a very light black wash. I've seen some awesome helmet paint ups with rattle cans, so I know it can be done. I'm just glad I had a spare helmet to practice on before I actually paint up the one I will be using.

I used the pinned tutorial for weathering the boots and I think they turned out fairly decent. Also used the pinned tutorial on dyeing the girth belt. I used Minwax Stain and ended going with crimson. I ended up dyeing it twice to get the full color I wanted.
eGE2v7L.jpg

3WV1k4H.jpg

Thanks. I have been through your WIP thread a few times already and it definitely is looking great. Thanks for the advice on the armor, I will probably hit with a very light black wash. I've seen some awesome helmet paint ups with rattle cans, so I know it can be done. I'm just glad I had a spare helmet to practice on before I actually paint up the one I will be using.
Awesome! Keep up the great work. Looks like we should be wrapping up around the same time.

Wanted to do another test fit since getting the armor painted up. I have not yet weathered any of the soft parts, that will be coming next. The cable for my chest lights is just routed through the arm of the vest for the photos, it will not be that way once finished. Looks like chest and ab plates will need to be fine tuned on placement, I used the jeweler pins technique for mounting.
I7xiC5Q.jpg

4CoFLaE.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back