ROTJ Cape

Go to an army/navy surplus store. Buy a canvass half shelter, might cost you $12. Tatter the ends (I used a pizza cutter), put a couple of holes in it, singe the holes with a lighter, a little weathering using a spray bottle with a combo of water and acrylic paint. Bam. Done under $20. You have the pride of having done it yourself, and the half shelter canvass is required for 501st approval. It was my very first build on my kit and am proud of it. Just take your time and look at galleries for screen accuracy. Good luck.

Go to an army/navy surplus store. Buy a canvass half shelter, might cost you $12. Tatter the ends (I used a pizza cutter), put a couple of holes in it, singe the holes with a lighter, a little weathering using a spray bottle with a combo of water and acrylic paint. Bam. Done under $20. You have the pride of having done it yourself, and the half shelter canvass is required for 501st approval. It was my very first build on my kit and am proud of it. Just take your time and look at galleries for screen accuracy. Good luck.

Thinking that's the route I'm going to do , I'm not bad with a sewing machine and already got the template for it and we'll everything else now [emoji4] thanks for the help everyone

Sent from my iPhone

The three stitch lines are if you get the exact perfect cut of half shelter. They are hard to come by and most of us settle for the less the screen accurate cut. But yes if you want the perfect one it will have some stitching. Look at the images in the gallery and look at all the edges of the ROTJ cape. Most everything is just tattered edges.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back