ROTJ build from here in the UK

Fettology Thanks man, I'm a total newbie to this painting/weathering game and the hints/tips and techniques I've got from the amazing people that are on this site is priceless

Fettology Thanks man, I'm a total newbie to this painting/weathering game and the hints/tips and techniques I've got from the amazing people that are on this site is priceless

One thing I've learned with weathering is when doing Fabrics like a flightsuit or something along those lines is to pre wet (not dripping wet though) the areas you want to have weathered and when you apply paint using a spray bottle and watered down acrylics it helps make the paint bleed and look more realistic. Just make sure your acrylic paints to water is at least 50/50 if not more water. You can always layer colors. And remember that when you wet the fabric it will darken it so when you add the weathering it will look very harsh. And I mean very harsh. But when you dry it it will look good. And best part about that if it's too much paint, throw it in the wash on a regular cycle and then dry it. It will help take some of the paint out making it even softer.

But I think your doing great with an airbrush! Airbrushing is hard. I've been doing it for about 12 years now. It I remember the days when I wasn't quite sure about things. But overall I think it's lookin great so far. Plus it's Fett. He is kind of a dirty person any ways. :lol:

Thanks for that Fettology I've been using a brown wash through the airbrush but after reading this I'm gonna try both techniques when I get the flight suit, the spray bottle sounds Interesting, I was thinking of layering it with browns, greys and maybe yellows

Last edited:
You're off to a great start! I think your gloves and cape look well worn and thoroughly seasoned...and that's a good thing. If you haven't found a blaster yet, look up Sidewinder for a nice resin/metal kit. Look forward to your progress!

Great job weight wise and your progress so far looks grand, I'm uk side too and have been building everything from scratch in the tradition of the elstree studio prop makers A LONG TIME AGO ON A BUDGET FAR FAR AWAY, you can take a look at my work its not the bees knees but I'm happy with it o_O just wanted to say bobamaker is this side of the ocean and his supply's look great and very professional.

Last edited:
Same here apart from my cookies jars empty and the only artwork I can get paid for is putting strait lines in lawns while mowing them for a living o_O
Bobamakers stuff looks like truly nice work but I guess he would be busy as he is in high demand and turnaround maybe be slow but it does all look worth waiting for !.
Building boba is not by no means a cheap hobby but dag nam it ! its interesting. As you may see in my posts I've tried to scratch build most of my ROTJ build to keep the price down but even scratch builds rinse the money out off your wallet what with all the things needed like paints dremel bits and the many array of other things that are not materials that I can just find laying around.o_O good luck with your build and may you stay sane while doing it all as I've most definitely broke a few cogs that run my brain during all this !

Last edited:
Yep and talking to somebody who actually knows what a womble is ! I truly feel that insanity pal as I've used all sorts on my build and started to feel bloody possessed by boba fett o_O

Congratulations on the weight loss - looking awesome! Looking forward seeing to how this comes together! Any more pointers on sourcing a girth belt UK-side, much appreciated!

I've looked in a couple of equestrian supplies, and only found the new leather type, so ill be trying were you have said as my self made girth belt wont hold to the riggers of time or the 501st specs cheers.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back