ROTJ build from here in the UK

Zom0898

Hunter
Hi everyone,

Ever since I first saw The Empire Strikes Back way back in the depths of time ive been a fan of Boba Fett and for years I have threatened my good lady with getting a life size one for the house much to her distaste!!

While we were on our family holiday in florida in 2017 I got the chance to go to celebration which was amazing and the amount of time and detail you people put into your builds is outstanding!!

After seeing all the amazing Fetts walking around celebration I decided I was going to get the lid to display in my drawing studio so after a lot of research I hit up Wasted Fett for his ROTJ lid which he sent to Raizo Fett to work his magic.

After I ordered the lid I started to look into getting the full suit BUT the one down side I had at the time was I weighed 325lbs (23st 3lb/147kg) and in my eyes I didn't think anybody wanted to see a fat fett so it was time to get serious and if I was going to do this the it was gonna mean hard work!!!

In this last year I have been doing loads of research and figuring out all the best places to get all the bits I need, along the way I have picked up a few things and now I'm at a point where its time to get the build into full swing!

The main thing for me was to sort my weight out and I'm happy to say ive managed to get down to 240lb (17st 1lb/108kg so lets get things moving

fat.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right and I'm not really good with words so if I babble on then I appoligise and please bear with me lol.

but any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated.

right on with the build, after the lid I ordered a neck seal from evilbay so at least I could make a start and also have a play with dying material and weathering

dye.jpg

neck dye.jpg

during this time ive managed to pick up a few things along the way, ive managed to find most of the JP greeblies, an original Patterson sqeege, all the other shintools from toolguy301, knee darts from Dark Side, hollow stalk from MachineCraft, JP beacon light and range finder electrics from Jc27 and I cant remember where I got the chest display from (sorry)

greeblies.jpg

greeblies1.jpg

jp greeblies.jpeg

next up I managed to get on a run of gloves by Mike M. I went for a pair of extra large ones which fit just right I think, this means I had to do my first real weathering on a item and to say its nerve wrecking is an understatement!! ive fired many types of gun so I went with how I feel they would look doing this

gloves1.jpg

gloves2.jpg

Last edited:
now with me down to a nice weight and size I made the plunge and ordered all the soft parts from Arkady which I'm looking forward to getting and trying on but not looking forward to weathering incase I bugger it up :confused::confused:

I managed to get a set of wookie braids as the hunt for a girth belt kicked into action, in my hunt for one I have learned that you can find the for sale on here but MY GOD!! the postage to the UK is a killer!!! so if you are in the UK checkout equestrian centers, it took awhile but I found a place that sells the for £35 and free posteage when the ones from over seas were coming in at $125 :(:(

girth.jpg

now I know I'm not the best at painting or using an airbrush but it was time to do the shin tools, I have a lot of experience using knives so that why the blade ended up looking like it does, will this be acceptable for 501st??

tools1.jpg

tools2.jpg

fett tools.jpg

I got home last week to a brown box from imperial boots, I managed to get on the run in april so ive been looking forward to getting them in hand, I must say I think I worry to much about all this weathering that needs to be done coz when you get started its so much fun, but you guys will be the judges of how all this stuff turns out, I think I had them 15 minutes before I started setting everything up, maybe I'm too eager lol :):):):)

boots1.jpg

boots2.jpg

boots3.jpg

while ive been doing all this ive been in the hunt for a blaster but unfortunately the customs in this country are making it even harder to get one from the states, I think its HFX wont deliver to the UK so I cant get a rubber one for cons, so if any body can point me in the direction of a UK seller that would be great thanks??

the down side to being eager is the waiting, I have run out of things to do now until the flight suit and the other soft parts get here or 2 more weeks then I can order all the armour which I'm looking forward to putting together and laying some paint down.

well that's it up to now, I hope its made some sence and not been to boring to follow.

back to doing more research now for me which gives me the chance to look at all your amazing fett builds

Fantastic job on your weight loss! I lost a lot of weight years ago as well... Keep it up!

And great job on those shin tools! Definitely like the weathering showing the white of the tools coming through.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back