Ripcode cape finished using Bracks Buddies tutorial

evan4218

Active Hunter
Here is my weathered cape I got from Ripcode. I am VERY pleased with it... I used a less is more method with the airbrush... you have to realy look to see where it was painted but I think that is the sign of good weathering. It feels old and authentic to me now...and I am my worst critic so I am happy. I found the example for where to weather and how to do it on the Bracks Buddies tutorial on this site very informative. Enjoy :D

Rimshot_Cape.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
I just bought a 1m long piece of indoor canvas and took it outside, and then I beat mine with a rock! :D $3 cape right there!

evan4218

Active Hunter
This cape was from RIPCODE, not Rimshot... in my cold med induced craze I typed the wrong name in the title and body of this thread... sorry about that.

ADMINS: Pleace change Rimshot to Ripcode in the tytle when you can.
Thanks

Ripcode

Well-Known Hunter
evan4218 said:
This cape was from RIPCODE, not Rimshot... in my cold med induced craze I typed the wrong name in the title and body of this thread... sorry about that.

ADMINS: Pleace change Rimshot to Ripcode in the tytle when you can.
Thanks

Thanks...!

Yeah.. Rimshot and Ripcode get mixed up all the time.. :lol: :lol:

evan4218

Active Hunter
Ripcode said:
Thanks...!

Yeah.. Rimshot and Ripcode get mixed up all the time.. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well my leson here is dont operate in a forum while under the influence of cough meds! LOL

Ripcode

Well-Known Hunter
evan4218 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well my leson here is dont operate in a forum while under the influence of cough meds! LOL

:lol: :lol:

Your cape turned out great! The weathering is really nice and of course will naturally weather more over time. (y)

evan4218

Active Hunter
Ripcode said:

Your cape turned out great! The weathering is really nice and of course will naturally weather more over time. (y)

Thanks man, you adding that extra inch and a half worked great... It hangs just an inch or two above where my knee armor would sit! :D

Ripcode

Well-Known Hunter
evan4218 said:
Thanks man, you adding that extra inch and a half worked great... It hangs just an inch or two above where my knee armor would sit! :D

When I sent it to you it was beautiful, fresh and clean!

Then you ruined it! :cry

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
looks great!! :D

wish I had a green cape :p the pub tent I ordered was so used and torn and weathered and coloured it's brown like for cryin'out loud.... ah well it was army canvas... :lol:

nice weathering there!! looks really good :cheers

SarlaccBits

Active Hunter
My cape cost me $5 - bought an old army half shelter at a military supply store... it was already all messed up... holes and tears.
Worked great!
:)