Review of the Fettpride FPH2 - RotJ

Beautiful Helmet..not that im surprised, FP's work is always top notch.

Rubio are you a photographer or something, your reviews always have such great pictures that capture all the details :)

It is probable that over time it will be recast. It will NOT be nearly as nice as this though. Almost all recasts suffer the same fate of mold issues and folks that lack mold making/repairing skills. This should end the search for the ROTJ lid, as this is the pinnacle as far as accuracy and quality go. Here here to Chris Jones��

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the feeling....my wife thinks I'm texting other women and its geek out Fett stuff....such is life.

Great review Ryan. Imagine this will be in demand for some time.

Thank you, kind sir!

I am pretty sure it tastes like dreams, glorious dreams....and maybe a hint of mold release. That thing almost looks too good to paint.

Like unicorn steak.

Soooo freakin' nice. Having so much of the physical damage cast in to the helmet will make it far easier and accurate to apply the main damage in and around. Just a beautiful lid (y)

You need to get ahold of one of these. You're paintup would be the end-all, be-all.

Beautiful Helmet..not that im surprised, FP's work is always top notch.

Rubio are you a photographer or something, your reviews always have such great pictures that capture all the details :)

Yes, I am a Fettographer....!

Dot tell him that Lou, it will go to his head lol. Anyway, great review Rubio.

:cool

N ice piece of work but not to be the bearer of bad news it'll probably end on ebay as a recast as well (y):D

And things were going so well.....

Really bad form, my friend.

Aside from that, thank you, one and all, for the nice comments about the review. Honestly, though, the real credit goes to Fettpride. I'm just documenting it.

I've begun the process of painting the helmet. Rafalfett's templates have been sized, materials are purchased, and I'm ready to rock. However, it's raining in SoCal, so I need to wait until morning to start laying paint down. I would be angry, but this is Southern California, and my Fett lid CAN wait for a much-needed rain.

This is just beautiful. Can't to convert this baby to PP3. And have Ponte paint it up for me.

Could this be the year finally? Seeker goes Boba?

I'm so hoping.

This is just beautiful. Can't to convert this baby to PP3. And have Ponte paint it up for me.

Could this be the year finally? Seeker goes Boba?

I'm so hoping.

Considering the profile of the PP3 and ROTJ are identical, it's going to be a damn treat painting this up for you.

Having said that, I now have two ROTJ FPH2's on hand for customers. The craftsmanship is stellar, and the integrated damage makes stenciling a CAKEWALK!

As much as I love the ESB (ROTJ SE), I think I've got equal love for this casting because of the detail/proportions.

Considering the profile of the PP3 and ROTJ are identical, it's going to be a damn treat painting this up for you.

Having said that, I now have two ROTJ FPH2's on hand for customers. The craftsmanship is stellar, and the integrated damage makes stenciling a CAKEWALK!

As much as I love the ESB (ROTJ SE), I think I've got equal love for this casting because of the detail/proportions.
Semi disagree with you on this Rick...the dent on the ESB/ROTJ is molded in....where the dent on the PP3 is an afterthought....leading me to believe they come from a different mold....but I cant wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys right here.

Semi disagree with you on this Rick...the dent on the ESB/ROTJ is molded in....where the dent on the PP3 is an afterthought....leading me to believe they come from a different mold....but I cant wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys right here.

More sothe "slimmer" profile of the ROTJ/PP1-3, and the less "fanned-out" profile that the ESB has. Even though the PP3 and ESB share the same paint-scheme, I still believe the ESB hero is from a completely different mold, the size discrepancies are that noticeable. If only we had a time machine to know 100% for sure :(

Yeah the "flare" debate has been going on for centuries now.
Helmet damage/deformation? Film format/processing?
I believe it has more to do with the latter.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back