REQ: How to hinge BOBF vambraces?

Rook 3

Jr Hunter
Looking for any "real world" advice on how people have hinged/secured their BOBF gauntlets/vambraces. I'm at that stage now, and really want to get these done... and safely mounted so they don't fall apart/fall off. :)

I am convinced that the best way to attach the gauntlets is by using the piano hinges method, but not to pivot from one side since it will leave a gap between the gauntlet halves. Remove the original center core and use bicycle spokes as the core replacement for the hinges, then glue them on both sides per arm, bending as an "L" shape the threaded or tapped end of the spokes so it is easy to install and remove that way.

I know this topic is almost like a year old, but I will take pictures and a link to the G-Code file to print the 3D-printed piano hinges I used with both Mando and Post Sarlacc BF gaunts. Low profile, and work like a charm.

I ended up epoxying elastic at the hinge on mine and then adding neodymium magnets at the opening. So far it seems pretty decent. I might add a couple more magnets just to be sure. Might also add Velcro to the top of the sleeve and the interior of the vambrace.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back