PVC Pipe Fett Armor

PropReplicator2

Active Hunter
So setting out to find a different material for cheap scratch built armor i found this peice of pvc in my garage. I looked at lowes and for pvc around this size it costs about $6 for 8 ft.

The pipe is about 4" in diameter and i used about 5 ft for the main armor (breastplates, collar, shoulderbells, kidney/butt plate.)
456788dcacaee7a28d20b532f743334b.jpg

I traced on Alans templates, heated hp.the pipe with my crappy heat gun, and cut the parts out easily with tin snips.

Then i heated up the pieces until they were as flimsy as a wet noodle, and layed heavy books ontop and sat on them until they were completely flat (makes the forming process easier than just Then i heated them up again and formed them.

To make the dents i heated up the spot where the dent would be, then presses a sharpie cap into the area to make a dent. This is what they look like after primer:
00f084f36bd737a461fe754a80162b49.jpg

Then i did the ESB paint process and this is the finished armor:
c46fd1e5d193d03376c5949cd01fd3cf.jpg

Best wishes,
Alex

I'd love to have some low humidity West Texas climate! I was dealing with East Texas weather the whole time I was painting. Your work turned out great!
Thanks! The humidity just started earlier this week lol. The problem all over here in texas in general is the weather is constantly wack[emoji38] .

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you work with PVC for a bit it gets easier to shape. I have made several pieces out of PVC pipe and the key is getting the heat right and then cooling it fast enough when you get what you want.

Good job so far.

I sold what ended up being super heavy but durable armor made out of a 6" schedule 80 pvc pipe... I'man electrician and the job I was doing had a surplus of scrap... I loved the concept of the armor being tough as nails and not needing to be careful with it... it is armor right? Killer job man!

I sold what ended up being super heavy but durable armor made out of a 6" schedule 80 pvc pipe... I'man electrician and the job I was doing had a surplus of scrap... I loved the concept of the armor being tough as nails and not needing to be careful with it... it is armor right? Killer job man!
Yeh, i am a carpenter so i mainly work with wood, but my neighbor had like 60ft of this 4" diameter pipe in his yard so i asked him about it and he said he didnt need it so i could have it.

Pvc is fun to work with though.

Alex

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back