Post-Sarlacc Boba Fett Armor

Brax Lel

New Hunter
Is the Post-Sarlacc Boba Fett armor valued about the same as other Boba Fett armor? Or do they all cost about the same?

The post Sarlacc/The Mandalorian/Tusken Fett armor is not vacuum formed as the originals were. While they tried to stay true to the ROTJ suit, most of the pieces look inaccurate or low quality, especially the helmet and the armor:
Chapter 14 - The Tradegy.mkv_20201206_120808.761.jpg

Chapter 14 - The Tradegy.mkv_20201206_120619.898.jpg

The post Sarlacc/The Mandalorian/Tusken Fett armor is not vacuum formed as the originals were. While they tried to stay true to the ROTJ suit, most of the pieces look inaccurate or low quality, especially the helmet and the armor:
View attachment 202988
View attachment 202989
what is the new armor then made from? I am amazed that so little discussion has happened on the new costume as of yet. Shouldnt one try and bring all the info together?

In the first image you can see that the left shoulder armor doesn't have depth (like the vacuum formed one), but it looks like a thick plate. Look how thin and well made the original look:
Boba-Fett-Costume-CIV-Britt-209.jpg

The post Sarlacc/Tusken Fett armor looks like possibly made from plastic/sintra sheets cut to size and heat formed.

Not sure I follow what your asking.
Im basically asking "How much does the Boba Fett armor from The Mandalorian cost?". I know ESB and ROTJ Boba Fett armor can cost $6k so is it going to be the same for the new Boba Fett armor from The Mandalorian?

I don't think it'll be as simple as comparing it like that. This armor even though based on the ROTJ look as we last saw it is not really similar. New helmet changes, new armor changes, even the way it's worn is slightly different. Obviously a really weathered paintjob... It's hard to just put a price sticker on what this armor could cost. Who makes it? Who paints it? Who assembles it? These are all factors that greatly impact the final cost of something. We've barely even gotten to do some research.

I don't think it'll be as simple as comparing it like that. This armor even though based on the ROTJ look as we last saw it is not really similar. New helmet changes, new armor changes, even the way it's worn is slightly different. Obviously a really weathered paintjob... It's hard to just put a price sticker on what this armor could cost. Who makes it? Who paints it? Who assembles it? These are all factors that greatly impact the final cost of something. We've barely even gotten to do some research.
Other than watching The Mandalorian, how can one do research on things like the new Boba Fett suit?

Well considering the episode just aired, there aren’t a lot of resources particular to that new version of Boba Fett. So far it’s been pointed out that at least the helmet are based on the Sideshow life sized Boba Fett, and MachineCraft made the jet pack beacon, but that’s all I know off the top of my head.

There are endless resources on this board, from blueprints to paint suggestions, so that would be a good starting point.

Well considering the episode just aired, there aren’t a lot of resources particular to that new version of Boba Fett. So far it’s been pointed out that at least the helmet are based on the Sideshow life sized Boba Fett, and MachineCraft made the jet pack beacon, but that’s all I know off the top of my head.

There are endless resources on this board, from blueprints to paint suggestions, so that would be a good starting point.
Blueprints as in patterns for Boba Fett's robes and paint suggestions for Post-Sarlacc armor? Or are you talking about Pre-Sarlacc resources?

Blueprints as in patterns for Boba Fett's robes and paint suggestions for Post-Sarlacc armor? Or are you talking about Pre-Sarlacc resources?
As I said, the episode just aired so no one has much research on this version of boba fett. Building off of what TehEl1te was saying about this not being a simple matter of cost, my point was that this forum has endless resources to start from.

As I said, the episode just aired so no one has much research on this version of boba fett. Building off of what TehEl1te was saying about this not being a simple matter of cost, my point was that this forum has endless resources to start from.
Right, but didn't Beskar Din Djarin go through the same thing? There's shots from the media at events like D23 for Pre-Beskar Din Djarin but how did people pull off a Beskar Din Djarin suit when it hit the screen? Whatever the process Beskar Din Djarin builders did, they made it happen somehow and I was hoping we'd do the same for Post-Sarlacc Boba Fett.

Also, just to point out, the vest is also different. It has some vertical ridges just like the shoulders and it seems that it's not even the same material as the original vest (squib?).

ack beacon, but that’s all I
Right, but didn't Beskar Din Djarin go through the same thing? There's shots from the media at events like D23 for Pre-Beskar Din Djarin but how did people pull off a Beskar Din Djarin suit when it hit the screen? Whatever the process Beskar Din Djarin builders did, they made it happen somehow and I was hoping we'd do the same for Post-Sarlacc Boba Fett.
Its a complex issue. I would suggest you look around the forum here for a while and get a feel for what building a screen-accurate costume involves. For example, finding out what all the little gadgets that boba wears weare made out of in the real world took an immense effort and years of research, and, in facht, more then 40 years after the fact, there are still a lot of unanswered questions for the "old" Boba suit.

Now with the New one, thats been seen for not even a week now. Also a lot of research still has to be done.

Could you rush together something that looks the part? Sure. But something truely screen accurate? Nope, not yet.

It‘s clear they used the Jango helmet as a base for the new post sarlacc version. Which makes sense since they cut it down to fit Morisson for AOTC. All the tells are there. If you want accuracy that’s the the way to go.

Last edited:
This was a fail by the producers. They should've tapped the talent here on this forum to produce this costume correctly.
Possibly, but considering it's not a Fett show, more likely they're looking to keep focus on the main. But then again, it's a bit of a slap in face considering all the other finite production details they've considered and worked into the show to this point (except for the T-shirt guy...).

It‘s clear they used the Jango helmet as a base for the new post sarlacc version. Which makes sense since they cut it down to fit Morisson for AOTC. All the tells are there. If you want accuracy that’s the the way to go.

Fett's helmet is actually a modified Sideshow bust.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back