Post-Sarlacc Boba Fett Armor

I dont know if I'm way off the mainstream here but I'd love to see Fett throw a new coat of paint on that armor and grab a new jumpsuit now that he has it back. It'd allow him to freshen the look of the armor but keep underlying damage.

Also I have to say after a couple more viewings i'm a little disappointed they didnt work more with this community to get armor together that matched the lineage look a little more. People would have probably volunteered accurate armor/helmets for repainting.

Its a complex issue. I would suggest you look around the forum here for a while and get a feel for what building a screen-accurate costume involves. For example, finding out what all the little gadgets that boba wears weare made out of in the real world took an immense effort and years of research, and, in facht, more then 40 years after the fact, there are still a lot of unanswered questions for the "old" Boba suit.

Now with the New one, thats been seen for not even a week now. Also a lot of research still has to be done.

Could you rush together something that looks the part? Sure. But something truely screen accurate? Nope, not yet.
"A lot of research has to be done". No time like the present, so how is research done? Using Google just sends me to Boba Fett lore and not the actual costume itself.

It‘s clear they used the Jango helmet as a base for the new post sarlacc version. Which makes sense since they cut it down to fit Morisson for AOTC. All the tells are there. If you want accuracy that’s the the way to go.
Fett's helmet is actually a modified Sideshow bust.
In the first image you can see that the left shoulder armor doesn't have depth (like the vacuum formed one), but it looks like a thick plate. Look how thin and well made the original look:
View attachment 202991

The post Sarlacc/Tusken Fett armor looks like possibly made from plastic/sintra sheets cut to size and heat formed.
Well considering the episode just aired, there aren’t a lot of resources particular to that new version of Boba Fett. So far it’s been pointed out that at least the helmet are based on the Sideshow life sized Boba Fett, and MachineCraft made the jet pack beacon, but that’s all I know off the top of my head.

There are endless resources on this board, from blueprints to paint suggestions, so that would be a good starting point.
How do we know what they used?

"A lot of research has to be done". No time like the present, so how is research done? Using Google just sends me to Boba Fett lore and not the actual costume itself.

How do we know what they used?
Raf was just stating that it could be sintra or something similar. Only educated guesses at this point. Whatever they used, it looks craptastic.

whatever his final form turns out to be I am just happy to see him back, there have been so many combinations of the "original" version of Boba on screen its hard to say what truly is the defining version, this new version is not what we are used to after so many years and will look a bit quikey to us as production clearly want to focus on him as a charcter and his development, not so much about getting the look 100%, but it's still; Boba Fett! knocking about in slave one playing a supporting character to Din Jarin....... a whole new generation of fans of all the characters will come from this show including growing popularity for, Boba...... also I will say Tem Morrison is bringing Boba back from the dead will reverence......and style!!!!

I dont know if I'm way off the mainstream here but I'd love to see Fett throw a new coat of paint on that armor and grab a new jumpsuit now that he has it back. It'd allow him to freshen the look of the armor but keep underlying damage.

Also I have to say after a couple more viewings i'm a little disappointed they didnt work more with this community to get armor together that matched the lineage look a little more. People would have probably volunteered accurate armor/helmets for repainting.

...and your wish was granted!

The helmet looks a little odd, but overall I love the new look. The armor over the robes looks super cool. Though, to be fair, I was never a huge fan of Fett in the first place.

I'm really digging the repaint. It's not my favorite. In fact it might actually be my least favorite. But it's Fett! Also, looks like a new EE-3 variant. I'm excited to see more reference photos.

Who has seen this recent article! Pretty bad ass! :cool:

-Iron

Detail from episode 16 showing front-to-back stitching on the shoulders of the new black flak vest. This is the first time I've noticed the change in stitching as the classic vest has stitching that runs top-to-bottom along the arm
Fett shoulder HD.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back