General Polly Scale U.S. Medium Green No Longer Available

TheBushmaster

Active Hunter
Hey folks,

Since the last event i willing to repaint my left chest armor, so went to look up some U.S. Medium Green N612, but can't find it anywhere, i think they're no longer available so is there any alternative for it?
Also i found that, Model Masters 1764 Euro Dark Green is similar to U.S. Medium Green, whats you opinions with that?

Thanks folks,
Emre-

When Testors bought the other companies, they discontinued colors that were already represented in their line of paints. The response I got from them a couple years ago was the exact match is 2050 in their enamel line -- Olive Drab ANA613 - Flat, in their WWII US & UK militiary colors. Or, for close matches, the acrylic 4723 or 4727. I need to run and check what I ended up going with, comparing my bottles of POG and US Med Green to their recommended shades... I think the Euro I Dark Green was what I found was really darn close, Fett 4 Real, have you compared the paint in the bottles?

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm asking if you're going by the color chip online or comparing bottles in person. I took my last bottle of US Med Green in and compared it to every green several stores had -- not just Testors -- and the Euro I Dark Green (if I'm remembering right, still trying to dig out where I put them all) that I walked out with was so close I couldn't see more than the amount of variation I often see in bottles of the same color.

--Jonah

Weird... I did color chips, too. I'll see if I can find them. Once I was able to compare the dried paint (on various brightnesses of primer) I didn't keep track of them.

--Jonah

Here's the most natural-light lit picture of the PrePro 2 suit that I can find (all the ESB shots are much more strongly lit):

Boba-Fett-Second-Prototype-Helmet-03.jpg

And my custom underway under similar lighting:

DSC02844.jpg

For context, the paint-up I'm doing is based on the idea of matching the gray-primer/POG scheme of the helmet, under the notion that an original-issue set would match in colors. I ended up using the US Med Green and Euro I Dark Green as the mid-layer on both, with the Panzer Olive Green as the oxidized outer layer on both. This is what my paint job looked like prior to weathering. You can see the US Med Green/Euro I Dark Green showing through the scrapes, with the gray primer as the deeper layer exposed in other places:

DSC02863.jpg

Even in contrast to the POG, it doesn't look too dark to me, but I don't know how it would look on a yellow primer layer versus gray. Since I wasn't going to be doing the yellow on anything but shoulders and knees, I didn't bother doing a paint chip of that combo...

--Jonah

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back