Original attachment method, used for the ESB Hero helmet interior

What do you think guys?.
Please don’t mind the nylon bolt, just waiting on my M5 steel bolts to arrive, (plus the screw will be cut flush with the bolt.)
Left is me : Right is PP fett helmet
0FF7ED08-D46F-4943-9A6F-82BC45621FDB.jpeg

The head looks to big or the "Z" too small.
That’s pretty dam close;). Again know one is going to get it 100% accurate, as we don’t have the original parts in hand .hands down to “Jango fett jr, RaffleFett for helping me and the community with this mystery.

Last edited:
I did another try with the measurements and got these values (while better than my 1st try, it is in no way 100% accurate):
View attachment 207375

And some shots with hardware on my helmet model (the chin strap is sandwiched between the 2 washers):
View attachment 207376 View attachment 207377 View attachment 207378 View attachment 207379 View attachment 207380 View attachment 207381
Just a miner change. Should there be only the washer on top, of the brass eyelet?. Or correct me if I’m wrong, as I don’t see a second washer on the ESB reference photos.
1651BABD-E6D0-404D-B916-D3BBBE643E57.jpeg

A90BFCD8-5E95-4B96-88FE-CA2DE62736FD.jpeg

the backside either has an additional brass washer or its just the grommet shank/washer sticking out. Hard to tell which, but looks too thick to be just the grommet, unless its the front, which seems plausible. That part looks good JojoFett95 but I think it might be too shallow. Might try 1/4" and see how that looks.

the backside either has an additional brass washer or its just the grommet shank/washer sticking out. Hard to tell which, but looks too thick to be just the grommet, unless its the front, which seems plausible. That part looks good JojoFett95 but I think it might be too shallow. Might try 1/4" and see how that looks.
Thanks ord, yeah I beeline the backside is the brass eyelet. The first set of z brackets I ordered are a test fit, so I’m glad I got pretty close, I’ll try 1/4 or 1/8 to get next.

Sorry the one I used is 1/4, I’m gonna try a size up.

The nut is not plastic, it's metal. Regarding the washers, there seem to be at least 2 bigger ones (and possibly a smaller one) and I think the extra washers might have helped the nut to stay in level with the screw's end.

Last edited:
The nut is not plastic, it's metal. Regarding the washers, there seem to be at least 2 bigger ones (and possibly a smaller one) and I think the extra washers might have helped the nut to stay in level with the screw's end.
Please don’t mind the nylon bolt, as it was just used to demonstrate the fit. I’m waiting on a set of 4Ba round head screws to arrive, which is what you see in reference photos. I’m not sure about the washer in your diagram, behind the leather strap piece. As the brass eyelet on the backside, of the leather ear strap, plus the steel bracket service as a washer. I see no second washer in any of the reference photos, besides the steel bracket and screw head. Ord Mantell what do you think?.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back