Original attachment method, used for the ESB Hero helmet interior

The 1st you posted is the best candidate so far depending on what are the dimensions.
Definitely agree, I purchased a pair of z brackets close to your measurements, with The curved edges I can see in reference photos. I didn’t realise these existed, after asking around, these are quite common in the uk.

The 1st you posted is the best candidate so far depending on what are the dimensions.
One thing to mention, after crudely making a physical template,based of your guesstimate. I believe the 10mm offset of the metal bracket, should be a little smaller, near to 6 or 5mm.

Found these picture frame / offset clips on Etsy

B807A137-4670-42B9-BAE6-5731D3E1E7FF.jpeg

Oh man, I'm totally late to the party! Sorry I missed this yesterday. I've nothing left to add to the discussion except to say great job guys. And also, for sure the nut with shaved off bolt on the PP3 was done exactly the same way on the ESB.

with The curved edges I can see in reference photos
ok, I missed this though, scanning through too quickly to catch up. I'm not seeing the curved edge. It looks pretty straight to me in both ROTJ and ESB, like RafalFett's illustration and the first example Jango Fett Jr posted. Maybe I missed a photo?

Also, Jojo, can you share with us the size snap you used on the right strap and the strap length you're using? Great job. Looks spot on.

ok, I missed this though, scanning through too quickly to catch up. I'm not seeing the curved edge. It looks pretty straight to me in both ROTJ and ESB, like RafalFett's illustration and the first example Jango Fett Jr posted. Maybe I missed a photo?

Also, Jojo, can you share with us the size snap you used on the right strap and the strap length you're using? Great job. Looks spot on.
Thanks ord, I’ll measure the right side trap later tomorrow for you ;). On the curved edge, I spotted along with Raffle’s illustration. Here’s a few examples, that led me to believe there’s some kind of curve. Sorry for the arrows, I used my iPhone to illustrate lol.
Photos below :
1EBA8741-9124-41C0-9A34-11F218F2C6B5.jpeg

ESB above.
48ABB1DF-FEB3-478A-86F7-197A4F463C05.jpeg

Pre production helmet.

Maybe rounded corners as opposed to rounded edge? Or maybe that is what you mean, and I think of something different when I think of rounded edge.

This is what I think of for rounded edge:
il_1588xN.2692038896_q8y2.jpg

vs rounded corners:
Untitled.jpg

The pictures of the ESB hardware are poor to be sure, so it might be up to interpretation. I see a straight edge like the ROTJ. Maybe they were all from the same parts bin? So the ROTJ and ESB/PP3 were maybe all the same?

btw: Also known as offset clips, canvas clips, canvas offsets, z clips, offsets, frame clips, framing clips, offset mounting clips.

Last edited:
Maybe rounded corners as opposed to rounded edge? Or maybe that is what you mean, and I think of something different when I think of rounded edge.

This is what I think of for rounded edge:
View attachment 207339
vs rounded corners:
View attachment 207341

The pictures of the ESB hardware are poor to be sure, so it might be up to interpretation. I see a straight edge like the ROTJ. Maybe they were all from the same parts bin? So the ROTJ and ESB/PP3 were maybe all the same?

btw: Also know as offset clips, canvas clips, canvas offsets, z clips, offsets, frame clips, framing clips, offset mounting clips.
Ah ok, I see where your coming from. I think, me along with Jango fett jr, have gone with the “Rounded edge” style, as opposed to Rounded corners. There does seem to me, some kind of curve but not as curved as the PP helmet photo. At this point it’s amazing that we all figured this out, but there’s little reference on the actual dimensions on the ESB z bracket.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back