Original attachment method, used for the ESB Hero helmet interior

JojoFett95

Hunter
Hi Guys,

I’ve been doing some research on the original attachment method, used to attach the chin strap inside the ESB hero helmet. I’ve got as far to find an original chin strap and original riot helmet cup, for my lineage helmet. After looking at references photos, of the inside of the ESB hero helmet, I found a discovery, I’ve not been aware of before. This may be a new find or I may be completely unaware (it’s a win win). The right strap, is attached to the brass bolt, used to attach the hero ears in place - as seen here :

B9AAD5C8-E6B1-4D7C-B047-DC5A2B73593F.jpeg

Left is my helmet, (bolt needs to be cut, to original length).

The left chin strap, dose not attach to to the ears, as seen in this photo :
95FF6FB4-AF84-4B73-A1E3-471459B45B6F.png

As you can see, the left ear strap seems to me, to be attached to a piece of ABS plastic (like the armour method), with a nylon screw through the brass eyelet.

I’ve never been aware of this, after looking upon numerous amount of threads. Maybe someone could link me this finding, or this is the first. At worst I’m completely wrong.

Here’s a photo side by side, the original method used to attach the armour pieces to the chest :

5DC99459-F0E3-4516-B7A6-68F3993B4428.jpeg

Last edited:
Update : screenshot I took of the original ESB helmet interior, from a“Bobafettfanclube” YouTube video .

8366678D-AF21-4ADF-8A87-71677D8220FC.jpeg

You can see the white abs piece, behind the left ear strap eyelet.

I don’t know. It could be a plastic piece, but structurally it makes sense to attach it to the top ear hardware. It looks like it is sitting on top of where the upper ear bolt should be positioned.

I’m leaning towards your idea Jojo, because while the right ear has a long enough bolt that accommodates the strap and an additional washer and nut, the right ear screws in the opposite direction into the earpiece and with a shorter screw.

The MCR and RS helmets appear to use similar hardware which I understand is accurate to some degree, and the top left screw is not long enough to fit through a strap. I came to the same conclusion as you did, though I’m not sure if it’s nylon or metal, and I think the nut might be square?

I’m leaning towards your idea Jojo, because while the right ear has a long enough bolt that accommodates the strap and an additional washer and nut, the right ear screws in the opposite direction into the earpiece and with a shorter screw.

The MCR and RS helmets appear to use similar hardware which I understand is accurate to some degree, and the top left screw is not long enough to fit through a strap. I came to the same conclusion as you did, though I’m not sure if it’s nylon or metal, and I think the nut might be square?
I’m glad we are all on the same page. I’m going with a clear white nylon screw, attached to the ABS piece, witch you can see behind the left brass eyelet. I don’t believe it would be metal, as there’s no hole in the original helmet, on the left side. Part of me thinks, they came to this conclusion in 78, figuring out how to attach the left ear strap, when the right side is easily attached.

Looks to me, like a white Nylon thread :
0092A220-53E0-41B2-BCE7-0392A831A53F.jpeg

Bottom photo is from a original chest plate.

Here is the PP3 left ear for comparison:

View attachment 207198

If that photo shows the same thing as what’s on the opposite side (hard to say because it’s out of focus), then it’s a bolt pointing inward that’s been trimmed flush with the nut:

DD1BA133-6C65-4C35-922F-06AF1C215464.jpeg

Which means that it’s not screwing into the earpiece, and is attached as Jojo describes. I could be wrong but that’s how I interpret it

If that photo shows the same thing as what’s on the opposite side (hard to say because it’s out of focus), then it’s a bolt pointing inward that’s been trimmed flush with the nut:

View attachment 207199

Which means that it’s not screwing into the earpiece, and is attached as Jojo describes. I could be wrong but that’s how I interpret it
I agree, but it’s definitely hard to say, as reference photos are sparse.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back