Opinions on my new Fett helmet

fpsh0oter

New Hunter
Just got this in the mail, and I was just wondering what you guys think about the paint, sculpt etc. Is this considered a good replica helmet?
mdswNy1.jpg1udpL8B.jpg5k3ItfA.jpgsKsvmQj.jpgPSoF98n.jpgHxpf9Xk.jpgPPJm2WR.jpg

Yeah, something looks a little weird with the dimensions. Either the cheeks and faceplate are too tall, or the dome is too short making them look bigger. Or both. Almost looks like one of the Target Rubies helmets, but it has accurate ears and a 3d borden connector and everything.. so if it is one, someone went through a lot of effort to upgrade it. I'd say it's perfectly fine though, no one's gonna give you trouble over a slightly off vertical scale. If there even is one, lens distortion can make things look weird.

Paintjob definitely has most all the big landmark damage areas I can recognize, and colors are generally all good (concrete color looks off, but that's about it). The masking could be a little more detailed to be 'perfect', but I assume you didn't pay ~$600 dollars for it, so it's pretty damn good as it is. The ear decals in particular look really great.

Looks like a perfectly serviceable ESB helm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, something looks a little weird with the dimensions. Either the cheeks and faceplate are too tall, or the dome is too short making them look bigger. Or both. Almost looks like one of the Target Rubies helmets, but it has accurate ears and a 3d borden connector and everything.. so if it is one, someone went through a lot of effort to upgrade it. I'd say it's perfectly fine though, no one's gonna give you trouble over a slightly off vertical scale. If there even is one, lens distortion can make things look weird.

Paintjob definitely has most all the big landmark damage areas I can recognize, and colors are generally all good (concrete color looks off, but that's about it). The masking could be a little more detailed to be 'perfect', but I assume you didn't pay ~$600 dollars for it, so it's pretty damn good as it is. The ear decals in particular look really great.

Looks like a perfectly serviceable ESB helm.

It is coldcast/ fiberglass so it is definitely not a modified target. I took this picture now, I can see the dome seems to small in my earlier pictures. I paid 500 for this. Does that seem to much? AH5Wpmu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh those cheeks are really tall... the mandibles are also fat... the paint looks to be off in scale...looks like someone either painted it free hand or used stencils scaled to a larger helmet and didn't care to mod them....

Does it resemble Boba, sure but is it perfect? No...

Still, looks very nice though! Do you know who made and/or painted it? Where did you get it from?

Thx, I wish I could get you better answers, but I dont know. Bought it from a guy on ebay. When I asked about the sculpt and paintjob he only said a propmaker had made it. Seems he only made the one, his ebay acount had like 10 ratings. It might not be perfect, but I am really happy to have it on my shelf beside my hot toys boba fett :D

Thx, I wish I could get you better answers, but I dont know. Bought it from a guy on ebay. When I asked about the sculpt and paintjob he only said a propmaker had made it. Seems he only made the one, his ebay acount had like 10 ratings. It might not be perfect, but I am really happy to have it on my shelf beside my hot toys boba fett :D

He actually has a listing here on the cargo hold if you want to search him up and get more details from his post. :)

Sent from my iPhone

Over all I'd say it's a pretty good looking bucket! I am in agreement with Fett 4 Real that some of the scale looks off, in particular the main damage at the very top of the dome is definitely over sized. But really that's a good looking lid!

overall shape of the helmet looks great (reminds me of battlefront boba) but the left side of the paint job looks a little to blobby and its a little overdone

I have seen different version of boba's helmet, one that looks rather narrow making it look longer top to bottom like this one, and another that is wider. Anyone know the reason why? From Battlefront on PS4, boba's helmet looks a little wide from all angles, much wider than this helmet. Is it just to fit the persons head? I'm planning to make one but don't know if it should be wide or narrow?

On battlefront they scanned the masters replica helmet plus they fixed some of it to look good in the game. Though he looks freaking awesome as hell in the game it's not pretty accurate.

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back