Official Thread - Braided Belt

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Is that what Seeker and Darthdav did as well? If so, to what dimensions and what kind of lether was bought? Thanks guys, sorry for the constant questions.

Brett

Seeker, approximately what thickness would you recommend cutting? I have some lace here but I don't want to get started until I know the exact measurements!

Do YOU have any measurements Sith Camaro?

:)
When you use the lace cutter, there are 2 different slots where the blade can go. Put the blade in the second slot from the tool, so that each of the 4 spaces are wider. Then just cut with the third smallest slot down. Using that size, I was able to make the entire set of 19 strands sit at about 5 1/4" wide.

Looks fantastic! Now did you cut your own leather or buy lacing? I looked at Michaels this weekend and nothing looked right. If you bought and cut your own, where did you buy from and what kind and color of leather did you buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliment. I got some leather cut by a local leathershop. That is the only way to do it. that I have found. I think the color was something like coffee or maybe dark brown. I got the cheapest but softest leather i could find. For the attachement and cover I got the cheapest PERIOD! I still have to weather it, dirty it up though.

I just couldnt stand the thought of cutting all the leather to make lace for my braided belt... so I ended up using dark brown leather lace from the leather factory, its thin flat and dark brown and is coming out just fine. If it weren't for my wife helping me with the braids I'd never get done. I ahve to be the worlds slowest braider...err. =)

Well the 1/8" lace that I bought isn't working well. It seems to be too thin in some places so I have taken Sith_camaro's advice and ordered a lace cutter. Will see what happens then :)

~Bobby

Here is a pic of my finnished braided belt. Notice the flash sets the 2 colors off a bit, but look at the first pics on this page of the real Jango's belts :)

rope_belt.jpg
rope_belt2.jpg

NICE! :) :eek:

Did you cut your own lace?? If so did you use the cutting tool mentioned in this thread??

~Bobby

Mavrik, How much lace did you order? I still have to get started. I have 1 50' roll of Medbrown leather factory lace but I have to know if I need another one.

two 50 yard spools made 21 braids 32" in length. so thats 300 feet of it. It took 14 feet per braid at 32" in length. 21 braids is about 5 inches wide. so that gives you about one inch above and below your 3" tall ammo pouches. Hpe this helps.

I have a bunch of nice leather that I was going to use to make belts with. I can sell the individual braids in three foot lengths for $6 per braid plus the cost of shipping. These are the correct 4 strand round braids pictured on Jango's belt. PM me if interested.

Here is my braided belt. It has no backing to it. Rather, I wove each braided strand together. Came out pretty good. I am thinking of making a few more for people who need one.
Enjoy!
IMG_3389.jpg

braided_belt_full.jpg

Are you guys attaching the belt to the flak vest, or just securing it around your waist like a normal belt?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back