Newbie intro and Heavy Mando build

Jeffx

New Hunter
Hey guys,

I am a long time member of the RPF. Prior to this build I have been involved in working on Iron Man Armors. I haven’t ever posted on the dented helmet but here we go...

By trade I am a Computer Animation and Video Game Design Teacher in a public High School and at 2 local universities. My specialty is 3D modeling. I am excited about bringing my skills to the table here and making some amazing stuff. I am ridiculously fussy about getting everything in my work as perfect as I can get it, so I really love that fact that you guys are attentive to the smallest details on your outfits.

I just finished watching the Mandalorian (truth be told I have watched every episode multiple times). I am SOOO excited about this new series and specifically one character in the show! Paz Vizla, the Heavy Mandalorian. I realize that this character is way to recent to be included in the CRL’s but I remain undaunted. It is my goal to have a Super Screen Accurate version of this character for my very own. My outfit will be displayed in my classroom for my students to see and hopefully to wear with the Oklahoma Garrison. Here is my work so far
p.s. I work in a program put out by a company named Autodesk and the program is called Maya. Once the model is finished I will be 3D printing it and then finishing it with tremendous amounts of sanding and primering (hahahaha) to get the proper surface quality.

This is is my first step in the process where I search the web for the best reference photos available. Using them I create Image planes in Maya

The second step in my process is create the curves of the model using the image references

Here you can see some hard surface modeling on the cheek

Final picture of most of my work. This is as far along as I got before Christmas break

Awesome Job! As soon as I saw the Heavy Infantry suit I wanted one! I'm also working on a build and am excited to follow along with your progress.

That’s amazing! I work in San Rafael, which is where the Auto Desk world headquarters is. Really cool to see you using their program for Mando stuff!

Just thought I'd mention in case you don't know, sideshow collectables are now doing this character to pre order.
Normally there statues are much better nowadays and fairly accurate for working off. Thinking it could really help you out with your build,
Good luck Marcus (I. T.)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back