ner sol'yc beskar'gam

Hey guys, thanks for compliments. I just came back from San Francisco, I'll be posting pictures shortly. I tried the elastic straps on my armor, and it did look a lot better, unfortunately I forgot to put some fabric glue on the straps so the velcro came off when I tried to put it on over there. I completely forgot my emergency case full of glue, paint, tape, spare elastic/velcro, etc. Out of all the straps I had, I was only able to fasten the top 2 on the shin guards. I pinned the sleeves of the flight suit so that those forearm plates wouldn't move as much, but I didn't have any spare ones for my legs. This is just my first version of my armor, I just wanted to have something wearable for now. I'm gonna make a lot of changes, including new chest, collar, back, gauntlets, knees, vest, ha ha, probably the whole thing. I'll mix and match the pieces between the swg and the classic design until I get something I like.

Here's the pictures:
We took these at a botanical garden:
From left to right: My sister, me, a friend, my brother, his friend's little brother, and another friend
aod07202.jpg

aod07182.jpg

That's my little brother in the toad costume, his friend's little brother as mario:
aod07189.jpg

We scared some people who didn't know what was going on:
aod07207.jpg

aod07209.jpg

aod07210.jpg
aod07245.jpg

aod07259.jpg

aod07260.jpg

aod07205.jpg

aod07201.jpg

aod07200.jpg

aod07197.jpg

at the anime convention:
aod07121.jpg

The jedi in this pic is my brother's friend:
aod07007.jpg

aod07002.jpg

what I'm about to say, please dont take it the wrong way:

there are a fewmajoe things i woudl change once you start making your new set as you said you were:

1. tighten up the flight-suit a bit. its too baggy IMO. If you do this, it will pull your all your leg armor plates in closer giving you a better fit to go run around and be crazy (trust me on this one...i know)
2. make the chest plates a bit smaller. they look a little over-sized.
3. if you're gonna wear the ol Vietnam green jungle boots, try and make a piece that'll go over the lace3s kinda like jango

4. is there a belt under your waist pouches?
5. get a neck seal from TK-409
6. other than that. i like the color scheme...so keep at it, you'll get there!

what I'm about to say, please dont take it the wrong way:

No problem, thanks for the advice! I'll definitely take everything you said into consideration. I welcome anything that will make my beskar'gam better, i'd rather people tell me something looks bad and help me fix it instead of just saying it looks good when it doesn't.

well i didint say it looked bad, just nto good either...

fix those things and youll have a grand ol time liksa big bombaad generrahl

I'm diggin' this colour scheme! Awesome job on weathering as well, not too much not too little. But I agree that it should be tightened a bit, and a new neck seal would be better.

Oh I didn't mean it like that bh-7603, I just meant in general. And thanks Sarim, I loved the color scheme when I first saw it on that one pic. Hmmm... a neckseal huh, do they come in custom colors or just boba colors?

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't have a neckseal, so save that for last if you really want to add one. Besides tightening things up a bit and maybe some spats to cover up the boots laces and your set. Oh something I noticed on the earlier pics, might want to add some paint to the inside of the armor so if they come loose the white doesn't stand out.

Nice job over all though, makes me want to kick myself for not getting to work on finishing mine lol.

I like the color scheme, and that helmet!

like he said, make those chest pieces a bit smaller, especially in that newest pic, they looks big

nice work though!

Just a suggestion but maybe vary the size of the "paint chip damage" so it all doesnt look so uniform. Just think realistically. would you just stand there and get pelted and let your armor take a bunch of little hits. More than likely the scratches and chips would be more spread out and more varied.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I think the reason the chest plates look weird in the last picture is because I had been sitting down for about an hr, talk about uncomfortable, watching some presentations when Kratos came over and asked me for a picture, I just stood up and didn't have a chance to fix the plates. When I was sitting down all the plates bunched together and got kinda loose. And about the paint chips, yeah I thought the same thing, I even joked about it earlier when I said it was like in swg, where you do just stand there and get hit repeatedly. I'm gonna repaint the chest plates for sure, they were the first attempt I ever did painting. Do you think I should repaint the other parts too? And yeah they were made from the WOF templates, great thing those are.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I think the reason the chest plates look weird in the last picture is because I had been sitting down for about an hr, talk about uncomfortable, watching some presentations when Kratos came over and asked me for a picture, I just stood up and didn't have a chance to fix the plates. When I was sitting down all the plates bunched together and got kinda loose. And about the paint chips, yeah I thought the same thing, I even joked about it earlier when I said it was like in swg, where you do just stand there and get hit repeatedly. I'm gonna repaint the chest plates for sure, they were the first attempt I ever did painting. Do you think I should repaint the other parts too? And yeah they were made from the WOF templates, great thing those are.
I think you just may need a better way of attaching everything (has been mentioned earlier, and I mentioned it earlier too)

Good luck!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back