Need visor/rf for 1997 Don Post boba bucket

FoolishMando

New Hunter
First post here. Trying to help a friend out- she wants to surprise her son by finally getting his busted 97 Don Post boba bucket repaired. Needs new visor and rf, preferably with an aluminum stalk.
tried asking my mando/Mercs friends but to no avail. Thankx vode

I recommend just getting a shade 3 welding visor from amazon for 6$. Then an aluminum stalk from questidesign Canada. Total should be around 30$.

issue is the 97 don post has different dimensions than other helmets and I don’t know what they are. I don’t have the helmet available so that complicates things.
but thank you for the visor tip- I’ll keep it in mind

Hi there
I don't mean to be the bad guy and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, the don post 95 is actually quite accurate if a little undersized but the 97-on is very poor (unless you are talking about the fiberglass deluxe which I don't think you are) and a good quality stalk, RF, and visor would come to much more than the current value of the helmet. This is why there has been little response to your question.
The upcoming Blackseries Boba lid is going to make any older more inaccurate budget helmets utterly obsolete.
Your friend might be better off surprising her son with one of these?

Hi there
I don't mean to be the bad guy and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, the don post 95 is actually quite accurate if a little undersized but the 97-on is very poor (unless you are talking about the fiberglass deluxe which I don't think you are) and a good quality stalk, RF, and visor would come to much more than the current value of the helmet. This is why there has been little response to your question.
The upcoming Blackseries Boba lid is going to make any older more inaccurate budget helmets utterly obsolete.
Your friend might be better off surprising her son with one of these?
Thank you for the heads up, I think you’re correct. I’ll just leave the thread here in case anyone has an rf from the same bucket that they wanna sell. Thanks!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back