Need pics for RotJ Gauntlets

JiM

Hunter
I am building a Boba Fett costume and using some templates I found online (I don't recall where), I constructed some basic gauntlets. Unfortunately, the right one feels too big and the left on pinches my wrist badly so I assume that both are probably not correct. Can someone send me a pic of what they are supposed to look like, or comment if they are supposed to look like this. Appreciate your help!
image1 (002).jpeg
image0 (002).jpeg

Your right gauntlet probably needs some padding. It is normally bigger than the left. The left gauntlet is usually pretty tight around the wrist. After a long troop, your left hand is usually sore and tingling. Welcome to Fett wrist!

Here are mine. Others may differ slightly.

FB4E89B8-CA0F-4D44-9A77-2ACC72400AF0.jpeg

6C289A19-6302-4490-A052-533A0FB6EB19.jpeg

Your right gauntlet probably needs some padding. It is normally bigger than the left. The left gauntlet is usually pretty tight around the wrist. After a long troop, your left hand is usually sore and tingling. Welcome to Fett wrist!

Here are mine. Others may differ slightly.

View attachment 217690
View attachment 217691
Thanks for the pics. Your left one looks way more comfortable than mine. I think I need to remake that one (ugh!)—maybe make it a tad bit wider

Thanks for the pics. Your left one looks way more comfortable than mine. I think I need to remake that one (ugh!)—maybe make it a tad bit wider
Perhaps you can heat up the corner circled in the pic so the two edges line up to give you more room.
868AF7B2-85E8-4D1B-A861-98E6B59C2444.jpeg

I think I will try that. I will use a heat gun and try to flatten out the left front a little bit. I think its going to need to be widened though...

I think I will try that. I will use a heat gun and try to flatten out the left front a little bit. I think its going to need to be widened though...
Can you just replace the bottom half of the left gauntlet, if need be. The top looks fine.

Are they tight on just your bare arms? Remember you need to make them big enough to go over the flightsuit sleeves and the bottom of the gloves.

Yeah the gloves. I haven’t made those yet but I figured maybe they’d have some padding but maybe not since the left back hand ornamentation is shorter than the right one. Figured that was cuz maybe the left gauntlet was right around the wrist. I was going to model them after my old USAF nomex flight gloves. Haven’t got to that point yet

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back