NECKSEAL 101 **PIC INTENSIVE**

That is too funny. Maybe you should start a thread to find out who holds the record for longest time in armor, LOL.

I like your sig bar comments too!

:lol:

I know no-one's posted here in a while but I just wanted to say a huge, "Thank you!" to LadySewForUs.

I'll be getting my sewing machine today so I'm getting all the soft part tuts I can. I really appreciate this one! :)

Thx u so much, originally i started all this to make a gift Fett Helmet for a friend, but the more i stay around and all this info...... i think i will just keep the lid and make me a whole Fett!!!!!
Once again thx!!!!

LadySewforus and to any it may interest:

I used your tutorial for a neck seal. The dicky part just bunches up around the base of the neck. I removed the dicky part and cut/hemmed a flat, fabric donut that had a "hole" a little smaller then the inside of the closed neck seal. I then sewed the inner edge of the donut to the bottom of the neck seal. When the seal is closed, the whole thing looks like a short, white hat with no top. Make sense? I will post an image, but the dicky lays much better over the back, chest and shoulders. Some fine tuning and it would lay perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked a treat - many thanks.

I was using a 2oz padding so my strips were probably nearly an inch as the first 'rib' looked a bit weedy.

I'm going not attach a dickie but attach the neck seal to the flak vest or flightsuit - any advice on which would be easier/look better?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back