My ROTJ build!

Alexoryx

New Hunter
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and this is my first "armored" build. My girlfriends brother had this kit laying in the closet for several years and wanted to sell it so i got it for a super price! Before i start with the weathering and such what do you guys think? Is this a good one?

Armor & soft parts: Bobamaker
Belts: Booboo Fett
Scalps & cape: Woodman
Boots: Jango Wes (i was told that these are from an final round

Thanks in advance and sorry for some bad spelling / Alex

View attachment 2017-02-05 13.40.00.jpg

Yea that kit looks pretty good. There are some minor little things that are wrong like the knee darts don't have the red and black coloring on them from what I can tell. The biggest thing I can see is the flight suit and boots don't seem to have any weathering on them at all. I would recommend taking some photos in natural sunlight outside to see if the paint colors are right and to see if the suit fits you well. Over all though it does look pretty good for a start that's for sure.

Yea that kit looks pretty good. There are some minor little things that are wrong like the knee darts don't have the red and black coloring on them from what I can tell. The biggest thing I can see is the flight suit and boots don't seem to have any weathering on them at all. I would recommend taking some photos in natural sunlight outside to see if the paint colors are right and to see if the suit fits you well. Over all though it does look pretty good for a start that's for sure.

Thanks for the feedback! :) I will take some better photos with the suit on me tomorrow, i had to air out all fabric part because..yea years in the closet haha!

Nice find. I would say your build is already built. Was there a bucket included?

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried on some of the parts today! The codpiece and kidney plate are not put togehter yet i just stuck them under the girth belt. The flight suit is a tad to big and long in the legs so i have to fix that. Now please be gentle with me because i'm a total noob with this costume haha! The back looks terrible (i just put everything on quick) you have been warned!

Oh and one of the magnets came off thats why the left chest plate looks crooked

even though it looks like a mess i can't help to feel badass!

djhgjk.jpg dhgjhgj.jpg

djhgjk.jpg

dhgjhgj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks pretty good to be honest. Like you said you'll probably need to do some hemming here and there like with the legs and the vest may be a tad to long but that's minor. What I would recommend is look through the build threads and see what you're missing or what you could do to adjust it and make it fit better. Also compare your parts to the reference photos in the gallery before you make any changes based on what another builder has done. Take your time with it and be patient and it will turn out great since you already have a good starting point.

Hello again guys and sorry for my absence! Yesterday i finally got help with my vest and suit, as you can se on my previous pictures they were way to baggy for me. Here are the result

2017-07-27 18.00.49.jpg

Doing some upgrades on the gauntlets, the velcro that were attached on them were pretty old and i want it to be easier to put on/take off. I ripped off the velcro and put some double sided tape on the hinges just so i could see how it looks and it works well! You can't see them at all so i don't have to paint them. The next step is to glue them on and put some magnets on the other side.

2017-08-29 13.29.17.jpg

2017-08-29 13.32.38.jpg

2017-08-29 13.34.18.jpg

Thank you! :D

Today i put some velcro on the knees, cod piece and kidney plate and tried them on. I think i'm gonna switch to snaps just to be 100% sure that they won't fall off, and i need to tighten the straps on the knees since they are fiberglass they slide down a bit.

DSC_0429_20170904183829081.jpg

Just a warning for putting snaps on armor: put them near the edges. I have a biker scout friend who mounted snaps in the middle of his forearm and bicep armor pieces and it's a pain to get those snaps to "click" without having to awkwardly squeeze his arm or push a hand up his sleeves. I think industrial strength sticky-back velcro hooks on the armor and sew on loops on the suit should hold tight.

I have fiberglass knees as well. Mine were some really cheap eBay ones that I had to double the amount of actual fiberglass on before I felt they were strong enough for trooping. I also added craft foam inside (I'm bad at fiberglass and didn't want that rough surface against my suit, then I added a "U" shape band of black ABS that the strap attaches to, so it's not putting tension on the fiberglass. So mine are heavy and still stay on just fine with strap and velcro.

I know some people have had good results with magnets, but they're never strong enough for me. On my first mando build I had magnets in collar and backplate to make it snap into place without anyone helping me get dressed, but I also had velcro and the magnets were held on with rivets, so there was a rivet sticking down and a recess on the lower piece that it fit into. I was just afraid it wouldn't line up right or would come loose.

Update time! I have done some work on this bucket, sanding, trimming and filling. The ears are attached with double sided tape for now and the visor is temporary. Please ignore the bulge under the chin, it's just my beard acting up :)

gsbgngfhb.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back