My new Chest Diamond

asok

Well-Known Hunter
I have been working on getting a better chest diamond. Please tell me what you think of it. I think I know what I would like changed but, I you like to know what you think. The copy that you see is cold cast resin. There is no tint in it at all just aluminum. It is just over 3.5 inches tall or 9.1 cm.

Pic of the real thing
diamond1.jpg

Ver 1
Diamond01.jpg

Diamond02.jpg

Ver 2
Diamond03.jpg

Diamond04.jpg

Diamond05.jpg

For my armor the diamond was to tall. In the pic below you can see just how to tall it is. I cast it in black to show the difference.
Diamond06.jpg

Diamond07.jpg

So, I just cut it on a table saw and sanded it until it was the right size.
Diamond08.jpg

Here is the finished diamond. I know that you can still see that line. I needed it done for a tropping event and will fix it later.
Diamond09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. I could never get that correct. I just dont have the tools for it i guess. how did you make it?

I had a TK buddy of mine who works with wood make it. We had to make it from 5 parts. I took him about 2 weeks to make it. What would you change if you where to change anything?

Very nice. Besides what has been mentioned, I'd also widen the angle of the rectangle grooves just a little. Keep up the great work!

Looks great! The laser can only do so much, I have to have it etch at a lower power, but it can not angle like that very well at all. Sure it's possible, but making is by hand like you did makes it look awesome :D It does appear to be about twice as thick as your referance photo though. What thickness of material did you use?

The master was made of wood by hand. Not by machine. I have a TK working very hard to get it done. And a very large "Thank you" to him as well.

The copy that you see is cold cast resin. There is no tint in it at all just aluminum. With it being resin, I can cast them as thin as I want. It is just over 3.5 inches tall or 9.1 cm.

Yes, I will be selling them if anybody wants on. If you want a Ver 1 please let me know. I am not sure how much harder I can work my TK. :lol:

I think I answered everybodies quiestions.

Asok

Asok, Lookin' good!
Put me down for 1 of your version 2 chest diamonds.
Just tell me where & how much to pay.
Jono!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back