My Mandalorian Build

MoeSizzlac

New Hunter
What a freaking year. I posted this on the 405th but I totally forgot to post this here. Figured I could give a few people ideas if they need them. It is not 100% screen accurate but it is mine and I love it.

I had just finished up the majority of the prints in March, Just before the pandemic. This is the first suit where I was using a lot of other peoples designs to make the finished product. Here's the links to all the files that I used:

Helmet
Forearms - Left - Right
Shoulders, Chest, Hand Shields, and Jetpack (These are mine although I didn't get to print the Jetpack yet)
Right Leg
Belt
Mine Holder
Detonators
Cartridges
Sling Rifle Clip

So let's start off with the helmet. Using Rop Pauza's design from my minifactory and poking all types of holes through it, I printed it out and worked into the system a fan and speaker phone.

01.jpg

Helmet - Raw

02.jpg

Speaker contraption I set up for the chin area.

03.jpg

Wiring the mic.

04.jpg

Wiring the rest of the speaker system.

05.jpg

On/off latching button built into the side of helmet.

06.jpg

Inside of helmet

07.jpg

Outside - Finished.

Speaker Test.

Armor:

Nothing new here, just print and go.

Untitled.jpg

Redesigned gauntlets so that they can be locked using pins on the inside.

10.jpg

Raw Print

11.jpg

Lock works!

12.jpg

Prepping the pieces for sanding. Need to get rid of the lines.

13.jpg

Prime Time!

14.jpg

Shoulders I designed.

14A.jpg

Steel coat.

15.jpg

Right leg integrated with costume leather I got off of ebay.

Sewing: I purchased off of ebay this outfit:

16.jpg

The spare parts and padding are next to useless but the sewing is close enough when it comes to material used. I did a lot of adjusting to get this to look and fit well.

For the shirt? I cut off the arms and sewn them to a t-shirt I like.

17.jpg

Original shirt above.

18.jpg

My t-shirt I attached them to.

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 318
19.jpg

Pants were too big. I took them in the hard way...kind of like how you do jeans.

20.jpg

It's not perfect, but it will do.

21.jpg

Nice and snug. maybe a little too snug. Well I'll try to keep my weight down.

22.jpg

and now to assemble the rest of the armor:

23.jpg

I used velcro under the straps and t-nuts and screws to attach the armor to the suit. The undersuit, I had to remove the half zipper in the back and put a full one in. Luckily I had one left over.

24.jpg

Used t-nuts and screws to attach the shoulder armor.

25.jpg

26.jpg

A little bit of weathering and gloss overcoat and I'd say I'm ready for holloween...just not sure which year.

I forgot to mention the gloves:
you need 2 pair - This Pair at a size larger than your normal and this pair at your usual size.

Cut the black pair by the knuckles and slide the yellow one through.

Just do what I did and follow this tutorial:

Does the speaker system require saudering? It sounds great!

Rob Pauza is the maker of the 3D printed designs right? Or did I misunderstand?

Does the speaker system require saudering? It sounds great!

Rob Pauza is the maker of the 3D printed designs right? Or did I misunderstand?

The speaker system (and fan) do need soldering. If you already have the Soldering tools, it'll be about $15 per speaker system. I did a full workup here: Simple Helmet Speaker System

Rob Pauza made the Helmet. I took his helmet and made a bunch of adjustments so that I could hide battery packs and electronics inside.

The rest of the armor is a combination of other artists and myself.

The speaker sounds amazing, bro! Great job! I’ll definitely want to do this to my helmet!
Well this is certainly impressive!! Well done

Glad you enjoy it.

I had just finished up the majority of the prints in Marc snaptube word to pdf vidmate h, Just before the pandemic. This is the first suit where I was using a lot of other peoples designs to make the finished product. Here's the links to all the files that I used:

Last edited:
This is awesome! Maybe I missed this but did the vest and cummerbund come from the eBay costume? Did you use any other portion of the eBay costume other than the arms/pants. I like the idea of pulling parts off this costume.

This is awesome! Maybe I missed this but did the vest and cummerbund come from the eBay costume? Did you use any other portion of the eBay costume other than the arms/pants. I like the idea of pulling parts off this costume.
Yes I did. The cheap chest armor is very easy to remove using a seam ripper. All you do is remove the stitching and the terrible looking armor drops off.

I reused a lot of the leather parts as well to complete the look. Their leather goes through the sewing machine rather nicely.

I've found the costume you ordered off eBay - just trying to figure whether to order the S or M for the fewest adjustments. You said yours was a bit large - is that because you expected them to run small and they were actually true to size? I'm 5'8"/ 67kg/ take 32"X32" jeans and either a S or M t-shirt...

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back