My Kenner Build

Musical Fett

Active Hunter
I finally was able to debut my Kenner build at Celebration on Friday. Still have some adjustments to make, but was able to troop for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon without any major issues. Helmet was purchased from a collector in Mexico off the Boba Fett Focus Facebook page. I commissioned a 3D modeler on theRPF to model the gauntlets/jetpack and printed/finished them myself. Soft goods are Arkady and came out great. The boots were cheap Amazon purchases that I finished with leather paint and then sprayed to match everything else. I used old USB charger cables for the piping details, and toe spikes were 3D printed. Knees were 3D printed and the rest of the armor is abs and purchased off etsy. Jetpack harness is a MoW soft harness, and was very comfortable to wear. I have more build pics on my Instagram @musicaljedipropsandstuff
Here are some shots from the Friday. My two sons dressed up as well; my 4 year old was Holiday Special Boba and my 8 year old was a Iron Man/Mando mashup. On the walk back to the hotel to change, I was fortunate to run into Jim Swearingen, who was the lead Kenner designer of the vintage Star Wars toys.

Last edited:
Looks like the girth belt slacked down a bit in the last pictures. But other than that the whole suit is perfect I even like how you went all out on the rangefinder! Definitely a unique build!

And the flight suit? Brother that’s amazing and a thing of beauty.

Looks like the girth belt slacked down a bit in the last pictures. But other than that the whole suit is perfect I even like how you went all out on the rangefinder! Definitely a unique build!

And the flight suit? Brother that’s amazing and a thing of beauty.
Thanks! Yeah, definitely some fine tuning to be made. Going to get the suit taken in a bit, I think that will help with the drooping. I think the shoulders need to be raised a bit and the collar needs some adjusting too. Never quite finished!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back